PDA

View Full Version : Can this be done?

Lorcan
08-01-2010, 07:15 PM
I want some crew shirts or polo shirts for our dragbike team (see www.stormdragbike.com (http://www.stormdragbike.com)).

I designed the logo with white shirts in mind, which I dye-sub, but they get very grubby when working on the bike. So we are looking for black shirts, with a collar, and this design. Can it be embroidered bearing in mind the gradient fills? I know nothing about embroidery so if this is a no-no I'm happy to revise the design. Does anyone here embroider "crew" shirts as opposed to polos?

Here it is, I need a dozen or so.

http://www.t-wiz.co.uk/Images/crewshirts.jpg

Paul
08-01-2010, 07:17 PM
ask stich-up! he can do anything on his machine!

Lorcan
08-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm asking...

Paul
08-01-2010, 07:43 PM
http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/member-to-member-offers-requests-f14/wear-your-brand-logo-and-advertise-embroidery-t341.htm

Stitch Up
09-01-2010, 11:54 AM
ask stich-up! he can do anything on his machine!

Nearly anything :)

With regard to the pictures posted by Locran. Emboidery does have limitations and I'm afraid your designs fall beyond the limitations. Whilst you can produce gradient fades etc, the number of colours to embroider the design would be OTT and the final cost beyond what would be considered reasonable for a shirt.

I'd be inclined to print to a textile vinyl and heat press to a shirt. We can do this but the cost is far more than printing to dye-sub transfer papers.

John

frizbee
20-03-2010, 10:07 AM
I know you have probably done this by now, but the best way would be a digital vinyl with a laminate overcoast to protect the print or to be printed with a DTG printer, unless you use the really expensive pintable vinyl from Stahll it will be heavy and cause sweating.

A cost to produce on the media above if you had a roll in stock based on a expected size of approx 23cm wide woudl be about £3 to include the laminate, then you would have to build in a profit margin.

We could do it but we only buy in media as customers need it so would not be cost effective at £300 a roll unless you wanted a lot of shirts say over 100.

Stitch Up
20-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Not really suitable for embroidery.

We produce this sort of thing quite often on our Gerber dge FX using a special heat press textile vinyl.

Cheers

John

Paul
20-03-2010, 09:23 PM
sorry for of topic john... but i Like your ne avatar ;)

frizbee
20-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Hi John - Stitch up

What media do you use on the edge, is it a siser material?

We use a lot of colourprint but find it quite thick on large prints.

David

Stitch Up
20-03-2010, 11:25 PM
sorry for of topic john... but i Like your ne avatar ;)

Thanks for the comment Paaul, we had a designer put the logo together for us - nice and simple.

Hi John - Stitch up

What media do you use on the edge, is it a siser material?

We use a lot of colourprint but find it quite thick on large prints.

David

We've tried quite a few of the textile vinyls and by far rhe best is the Gerber Image Perfect stuff (6901 comes to mind) - can't remember what it's called just now!

Regrettably, the only supplier is Spandex and the price is high accordingly :roll: We have some horror stories with it too. The last 50m roll I had was absolute torture to use, no sooner had we cut it the vinyl would 'self weed' and curl. The designs would literally start lifting from the backing paper before the final pattern had be cut! It made applying application tape impossible. Fortunately, Spandex refinded the money.

I think all textile vinyls have that 'feel' to them, the Print One vinyl is more rubbery than the stuff from Spandex and we've just purchased another 50m of it, but not started to use it yet.

John

frizbee
20-03-2010, 11:44 PM
We have had teh same problem with the image perfect and metamark product, it appears to be fixed by waiting 24 hrs from printing to cutting, which we can't do as we print ad ncut in one go.

We saw an amazing product from stahll really thin and dry clean proof, but £300 a roll ahhhhhh