PDA

View Full Version : A False Negative!

JackB
18-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I have the Ricoh GX7000 printer, and the other day I noticed that the ink levels showed Cyan as about a quarter full and Yellow, Magenta, and Black were showing at about half full. so I automaticaly thought, I'd better get a new Cyan cartridge the next time I placed an order for blanks ect. Then today on the Cond'e Youtube video's I noticed a way to check the inks accurately via the engineers setup.
I followed the video and to my suprise the report show that i had : Yellow = 71%, Magenta = 70%, Cyan = 78% and Black - 79%.
So it just goes to show that you can't just go by the Graph in the window.

Jack.

bms
18-10-2011, 03:08 PM
What do these really show? Does one show the amount of ink in the cartridge and the other the amount of ink in the whole printer? Each will show something different, but I wonder which is correct??!

John G
18-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Makes no odds really, only change carts when it stops printing :biggrin:

JSR
18-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Prefer using transparent cartridges myself. (Not in a Ricoh, though...) If you can physically see the ink level, you can't go wrong.

bms
19-10-2011, 01:49 PM
Makes no odds really, only change carts when it stops printing :biggrin:

True, if the chip says is out of ink then no matter what the engineering status report says, you've no choice but to change!

JackB
19-10-2011, 04:57 PM
True, if the chip says is out of ink then no matter what the engineering status report says, you've no choice but to change!

Of course, but I was looking at it so that I would get an idea of a warning so that i could order the right colour ink about a week before I needed it.

Jack.

John G
19-10-2011, 05:10 PM
I couldn't work like that - what happens if a large rush order comes in and you have to wait on ink arriving?.

JackB
19-10-2011, 06:05 PM
I couldn't work like that - what happens if a large rush order comes in and you have to wait on ink arriving?.

We haven't got that big yet, if and when we do I would expect that we would always be carrying a spare set of inks.

Jack.