PDA

View Full Version : r1800 problem

castlegategiftcreations
10-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Hi guys

We have an epson r1800 with bulk feed system (box at side of printer with bags of ink being fed through tubes into the printer). We use sublijet inks and over the last 2 and a half years have never had any problems at all.

However today I tried to print off a mug print and the printer keeps saying that the inks being used are not genuine epson inks and it does not recognise them. I have tried everything I can think of to fix this problem but nothing seems to be working and so we have no sublimation printer at the moment. It has come up with a message before saying more or less the same thing but it gives the option to continue this time it won't.

Anyone got any ideas? That is our Oki A3 laser printer, our epson a3 normal printer and now this one all in the space of a couple of months and we are still awaiting our Oki printer back from the guy who is fixing it, so no business at the moment as no printers.

Help me please!!!!!!!

mrs maggot
10-01-2010, 12:43 AM
just an idea, but normally they have re-set chips these can only be reset so many times, so maybe the limit has been reached ?

JSR
10-01-2010, 12:47 AM
just an idea, but normally they have re-set chips these can only be reset so many times, so maybe the limit has been reached ?
Reset chips that can be reset only so many times? That's the first time I've heard that. I've used CISS in Epson 1290, 1290S, and 1400, and refillable cartridges in a 1290S and no one has ever told me that there's a limit to how many times the chips can be reset.

I think we all need to be aware of this in case all of our printers suddenly stop recognising the cartridges.

R.Prints
10-01-2010, 10:37 AM
I have same printer and a ciss system as well, I sometimes get same info telling me that it is not genuine Epson ink but in my case it just says do you wish to continue, hit yes and I can carryon as normal. Sorry I can't give you an answer to you problem.
Ray

bms
10-01-2010, 02:18 PM
The resettable chips don't have a reset limit - so don't panic!

You need to determine if one of the cartridges (chips on it) is the problem or the whole bank of cartridges. Have a look in the status monitor - are all 8 cartridges greyed out? If so then it sounds like a contact issue - remove and re-insert the cartridges firmly to make good contact.

Do you have any red lights (staying on, blinking etc) on the printer? Might help identify the problem.

castlegategiftcreations
10-01-2010, 11:33 PM
it seems to mainly be the magenta but it is now and again showing the black as well. It shows a red light on the printer just above where the cartridge is put in.

I am back in shop on tuesday so will try and remove and then re insert and see if this helps.

thanks for your help guys.

bms
11-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Had a customer report exactly the same problem today with R265. We advised to insert the genuine carts into the printer to rule out the printer as a problem and if all worked well then to re-insert the EasyFlow system. This solved the problem completely.

In an emergency the chips from the original cartridges can be put onto the EasyFlow system, making sure the correct chips are transferred, i.e. red must go to red, magenta to magenta etc. This will overcome the chip problem but the chips will deplete and eventually show empty, but may get you printing temporarily whilst looking for a permanent solution or replacement part for the system.

You can get a replacement cart and tube assembly which connects to the bottles and this gives you a brand new set of cartridges, chips etc all prefilled with ink. They are around £50 +vat but may revive the print again.