PDA

View Full Version : Epson B1100 from Pudsey Computers - Fantastic Service

Justin
25-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Not very often I praise a company publicly but just bought an Epson B1100 from this place on the internet. Service was first class. Iit didn't detail my area for postage so I called them, had to select a slightly more expensive service to get the order through but was told the additional amount paid would be credited back to me.

The printer arrived within 2 days of ordering which is almost unheard of (Yorkshire to Shetland Islands) The additional postage amount, only £1.99, followed a day or 2 later.

They have these printers on their website for £99 including free delivery to a mainland UK address, I couldn't find a better deal :-) They charged me £5 delivery all the way here.

Thoroughly recommend them....credit where credit's due!

http://store.pudseycomputers.co.uk/pgProduct.cfm?Product=15308_156_1339325

sarahjayne
25-10-2011, 10:12 PM
The B1100 deal is amazing. But it's really annoying that I looked for a multi function epson (reading your post reminded me my mum wants a multi function and I thought I'd do an early Xmas present) and of the 10 I looked at - not one was in stock!

Justin
25-10-2011, 10:14 PM
:frown: I don't like multi function....buy her seperates! lol. They also have the S22 for £23 but a quick search and you can get this for under £20 delivered! I have an S21 which is kind of a backup printer, if the S22 is anywhere near as good it'd be a great buy. If you get a set of refil carts and a profile you're away very cheaply :-)

I get my refil carts from here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Refillable-Compatible-Ink-Cartridge-Epson-S22-SX125-/220823601058?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_Printing_PrinterIn kCatridges_JN&hash=item336a1cbfa2#ht_680wt_952)but they S22 seems to be twice as expensive on crats for some reason :-(

sarahjayne
25-10-2011, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't touch a multi function with a barge pole but you know how it is. Mother knows best! She already has a decentish printer and really only needs a scanner - I'll see if I can talk her round, it would only be for the odd photo scan, wonder can you get a mini scanner ... off to look.
Bizarre but although the printers say out of stock it will let me add to cart - confusing.

Justin
25-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I have a CanoScan, one of the LiDE type scanners, wasn't expensive and it's a few years old now but works a treat.

smitch6
25-10-2011, 11:26 PM
pity i didn't know about this place a few months ago when i bought my B1100 :~ oh well not to worry

always nice to see good feedback rather than all bad :)

ptholt
27-10-2011, 06:29 PM
I wonder if the nice price is due to Epson selling them off, as they phased out the a4 version of this printer a couple of months ago, so maybe its the a3 versions turn to be flogged off now, as i noticed a newer style epson a3 printer in pc world when picking up some bits the other day and it was £100 more than the previous £150 prices that the b1100 used to be.