PDA

View Full Version : HELP wanted - anyone got a spare DF1 Mug press for parts?

AdamB
28-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Hi all - well it goes from bad to worse!

I got a replacement blanket from BMS in the end (see previous post) as I was waiting on coralgraph to get back to me to see if their blanket was compatible but I never heard anything ............... couldn't wait so I took the hit as I 'knew' the BMS replacment blanket 'was'.

Anyway, blanket changed about an hour ago - simple job and then ........................ SNAP!

This is the DF1 Mug Press

Hopefully I'll explain my problem well enough as I don't want to touch my camera at the moment. I dropped my brew first thing and smashed the mug then this ............... they say it comes in 3's!

Anyway, at the top of the mug press there is a bolt that is soldered to a smaller bolt, which is clamped through the metal housing of the blanket. When you pull and push the handle the blanket opens - well this has snaped!

The press and blanket is fine but without this bolt the blanket moves around freely and cannot clamp shut!

I just tried BMS just in case they had a spare (for parts) press but got no answer on both numbers (it is Friday after all).

If I haven't explained it well enough please let me know and I'll take some images but basically, if someone has a spare DF1 press (not sure if the other DF presses have the same bit) and can spare this bit I will pay them for it.

Anyone?

Kindest regards to all in advance :-)

purpledragon
28-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Hi Adam
dont get excited i havnt got a spare , but i think the same thing happened to me is it the bit that screws in and out to adjust the blanket? if so its a design flaw apparantly, when it happened to me martin had a spare so it may be worth ringing again mines gone again but its threaded instead of snapping so although it pops in and out i can still use it . I have a couple of scrap mug presses (not df1's im afraid) but if you can make use of any of the parts give me a ring 01437 766211 if theres any parts that can help you you are more than welcome to them

purpledragon
28-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Ok update i got a plan
have you tried this go local diy shop get some liquid metal (basically really strong glue for metals)glue a nut to the bar where the small bit usually goes then screw new threaded bar into your clamp arm and the glued net you now have a rudamentry adjusting system which will hold the blanket in place
Brett

AdamB
28-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Brett - you are a TRUE GENTLEMAN!

Thank you for posting mate - really appreciated. I took your advice and popped over to a diy shop to get the bits but on the way I tried BMS again and got through to a very nice chap called Andy. After speaking to a colleague he then told me that they had took the bit T Bar section off another press and will stick it in the post to me - I'll have it tomorrow!

NOW - TELL ME IF THAT'S GOOD SERVICE!

Credit where credit is due. I used to buy from BMS for everything but now use them for most of my stuff with bits and bobs coming from other suppliers. It's clear to see that my problem was sorted within minutes.

Happy again - panic over.

But Brett - seriously, thank you buddy - you were straight in there with advice :-)

Paul
28-10-2011, 04:05 PM
:confused:
I did said in other tread that their blanket ARE compatibile as i have same press.
also worth to remeber that attachments from all in one are same designe and all got this same bolt. ;) so is worth to try to look for them too :)

AdamB
28-10-2011, 04:12 PM
:confused:
I did said in other tread that their blanket ARE compatibile as i have same press.
also worth to remeber that attachments from all in one are same designe and all got this same bolt. ;) so is worth to try to look for them too :)

Paul - after you said that you had bought two and both were compatible I visited the coralgraph website to find that they say that certain blankets will only fit certain presses - this left me with the thought that I need confirmation, so I tried emailing them and contacting them through the forum but got nothing. I wasn't just going to spend the cash without being 100% sure as you can understand - with no answer the only 100% answer I had was BMS.

Ref the attachments, NO they're not all the same in different presses. I have an ebay special that the blanket is faulty and the bolt has a plastic ball on the end that hits a bit of metal on the housing to clamp shut - no good in the DF1 press.

Reg
28-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi it's only a 6mm bolt and nut you should be able to get from a hardware shop or garage workshop.

purpledragon
28-10-2011, 04:13 PM
No problem adam it took my mind off this bloody printer thats just gone south on me grrrrrrrr could be a new printer why o why did i choose this career

AdamB
28-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi it's only a 6mm bolt and nut you should be able to get from a hardware shop or garage workshop.

Hi Reg,

it't not the bolt that's the problem it's the fact that the bolt it welded onto the end of the larger bolt which goes through the housing to allow some play to tighten and loosen the press :-(

AdamB
28-10-2011, 04:21 PM
No problem adam it took my mind off this bloody printer thats just gone south on me grrrrrrrr could be a new printer why o why did i choose this career

Tell me about it - I left a blocked printer earlier that I have to go back to now! :mad:

Reg
28-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Hi Adam mine is threaded into the larger 10 mm bolt but my press is a senko which looks very similar.

John G
28-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Adam, you are right to check the blanket, when I bought a blanket of Henry he said there were 2 types he used to stock, 1 with 3 screws on either side and one with 4.

Glad you got sorted.
Cheers John

bms
28-10-2011, 09:00 PM
I just tried BMS just in case they had a spare (for parts) press but got no answer on both numbers (it is Friday after all

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday - the phone lines are busy most days, but we are always there! Glad Andy got you sorted. :)

Paul
28-10-2011, 09:37 PM
sorry i was thinking about conector :) regards to fiting holes you need to confirm that ;)

purpledragon
28-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Tell me about it - I left a blocked printer earlier that I have to go back to now! :mad:
ive left it till tomorrow hopefully i rest will sort it

AdamB
29-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday - the phone lines are busy most days, but we are always there! Glad Andy got you sorted. :)

He certainly did Martin and a very nice chap he is too! And ref the Friday thing, no offence was meant by that, I think I was trying to say that it was late on Friday afternoon and I wasn't sure what time the phone was put on answerphone.

AdamB
29-10-2011, 10:23 AM
As promised, the replacment t-bat arrived in the post this morning - top class service BMS! The bar didn't my press but I managed to get the bolt out of the t-bar and insert it into mine - worked a treat!

Has anyone got a DF1 mug press machine that they can take a picture of how the blanket is clamped into the metal clips (or just check with the images below)?

I'm curious if you have to push the rubber backing of the blanket into the clamp or it just sits between them like shown below.

For example, this is mine - is this right?

625 626

purpledragon
29-10-2011, 10:27 AM
How you have it justin is correct in the picture cheap n cheerful but it works now any ideas on how to get cyan working on my $@%^&ing 1400

Paul
29-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Blanket fited on the picture is same as on my one.

Bret. How much cyan is coming out if any at all?!

AdamB
29-10-2011, 10:38 AM
How you have it justin is correct ...........

Thanks Brett - just wanted to make sure :-)

Have you tried printing out just a cyan colour test to hopefully release the clog? Google Cyan Colour print test and then you'll just be using that colour to print and not wasting any ink from the other colours.

I had a bad blockage in my 1400 a few months ago and got some kit from ebay that I drop a few drops on the head every now and then to clear it - I was suprised how much ink was around that location!

Oh, and it's Adam mate

AdamB
29-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Blanket fited on the picture is same as on my one............

Thanks Paul :-)

Paul
29-10-2011, 10:41 AM
My.other press had a metal bar that was holding blanket. It was much better and without shrp corners. Solid iron bar it was :-)

purpledragon
29-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks Brett - just wanted to make sure :-)

Have you tried printing out just a cyan colour test to hopefully release the clog? Google Cyan Colour print test and then you'll just be using that colour to print and not wasting any ink from the other colours.

I had a bad blockage in my 1400 a few months ago and got some kit from ebay that I drop a few drops on the head every now and then to clear it - I was suprised how much ink was around that location!

Oh, and it's Adam mate
sorry adam id just read a post of justins thats how this flippin printers got me , to answer your queston paul no print at all on a test page i'll try your suggestion adam with the google search

AdamB
29-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Some on here Brett:

http://www.systeminsight.co.uk/Canon_Printheads_TestPrints.htm

purpledragon
29-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Ive found that already ive printed 3 sheets and its just a washed out blue i suspect a bit of light cyan is giving the only colour thats there its the dark cyan i cant get to print

Paul
29-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Have you got some head cpining solution in doors buddy?

purpledragon
29-10-2011, 11:30 AM
well its fast beginning to look like a new printer and i got a bloodyt tray full of orders typical

purpledragon
29-10-2011, 11:30 AM
no i havnt paul to be honest i wouldnt know what to do with it

Paul
29-10-2011, 12:05 PM
get some of ebay. Zap is good. If you get it i will direct you. Is simple and 99% effective.

purpledragon
29-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Right SOME ZAPP ORDERED now then im in desperate need of some photos printed on a4 paper for pressing onto place mats can anyone help with this to get me out of a hole ?

AdamB
29-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Brett, got to agree on this with Paul.

I had a printer sat upstairs for about 3 years and it was clogged up bad. I was going to invest into another A3 printer but thought for the price of the cleaning fluid I would try it.

Ran the fluid through, loads of ink that was clogged was thrown out overnight. New cartidges in the next day and good as new!

As I said in my other post, I always use this if I have a clog of some kind.

It's probably the same stuff as Paul was on about but the link to the kit I bought is below:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100ml-INKJET-PRINTER-HEAD-FLUSHING-CLEANING-UNBLOCKING-RECOVERY-FLUID-INJECTOR-/380375099382?pt=UK_Computing_Printer_Paper_Accesso ries_ET&hash=item58901f67f6

Paul
29-10-2011, 07:55 PM
looks like same stuff with diferent label. sometimes is worth to reapet all proccess 2 or 3 times if clog is bad.

bms
29-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Before you go any further, have you tried with ordinary cartridges to rule out the bulk feed system?

I'm sure you've already read our FAQ, but just in case you haven't - click through here and select the FAQ headed "My print quality on my Epson printer has deteriorated and I cannot get a good nozzle check pattern despite many head cleans... (http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/#)"

http://www.printerowners.co.uk/faq/12/1/sublimation-advanced.htm

purpledragon
29-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Tried more than a few cleans Its a bit weird cause it was working fine then it reset as if a new cartridge was put in as they do and the cyan went from that point on i cant understand it, Ill find out the original carts and try that martin see if it helps but this has highlighted that a back up printer is a definate especially when you have a shop its a bit awkward turning people away cause you cant print their mug