PDA

View Full Version : Entrepeunuers circle

purpledragon
01-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Ok I cant spell it but has anyone evr heard of the entrepenuers circle?

Ian M
03-11-2011, 01:52 AM
Ok I cant spell it but has anyone evr heard of the entrepenuers circle?

Brett, isn't it called Dragons Den? :biggrin: Seriously now, I do know of something similar that is run by a marketing guru called Chris Cardell & it costs a small fortune to join.

purpledragon
03-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Brett, isn't it called Dragons Den? :biggrin: Seriously now, I do know of something similar that is run by a marketing guru called Chris Cardell & it costs a small fortune to join.
you're telling me ian £69 + vat per month cant see me signing up anytime soon

Ian M
05-11-2011, 08:08 PM
you're telling me ian £69 + vat per month cant see me signing up anytime soon

Brett, that's why he's very rich & we're not.

One thing I have picked up from these so called marketing gurus is to always think outside the box & try to do things a lot different from the others. They all seem to be saying use Pay Per Click at the moment but, that could cost you a small fortune.

purpledragon
06-11-2011, 08:37 AM
i did try the google ad words i had 70 quids worth of free adwords and i got not one extra sale through my site s im not impressed with ad words

Ian M
06-11-2011, 03:38 PM
They do now say that Ad Words are now old hat & it's all Pay Per Click which can cost you a small fortune if you don't know what your doing.

John G
06-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Isn't pay per click adwords - thought it was the same thing.

Paul
06-11-2011, 04:01 PM
i think pay per click is name for the tariffe with adwords. another one is pat for impressions. or something like this... not sure if i am right lol :)

purpledragon
06-11-2011, 04:32 PM
adwords is pay per click for those who are unsure how it works ill summerise it
Ok so you want to advertise your photo mugs firstly you set your campaign with google up and choose what search words you want to use ie photo mug etc
you then say right im not willing to pay more than £1.00per click (click = someone clicking on your ad)
in the mean time john g has set up a similar campaignusing the ad words photo mug but being a tight arse he opts to pay no more than 90p per click (just jokin john sure youre not tight really) Ian has also set up a campaign and also has decided on photo mug as an adword but is willing to pay £1.10 so basically ian wins the top spot in the ranking but pays £1.10 every time someone clicks on his ad me and jhn have been out bid so so we pay nothing think of it like an ebay auction for words.Yoou can set a budget eg no mre than £50 s when your limit is reached your ad stops until you top back up.
As you can see it can very quickly cost you a lt of money you also must consider if im paying £1.10 everytime someone clicks my ad i have to hope they buy a mug and even then is it worth losing £1.10 per mug to an ad and then theres the click throughs which dont convert to sales, My free £70 worth was used up in 3 days with out 1 extra sale so in a week it would be £140 assuming i hadnt set a budget obviously i used more than one adword but as i said you can see where it mounts up

Paul
06-11-2011, 05:24 PM
very well explained! thanks for that! :wink:

John G
06-11-2011, 05:25 PM
No - you're right the 1st time, I am a tight arse :redface:

I looked into pay per click (adwords) a long time ago, a friend ran this for a few months - wasn't impressed with the results and very expensive. Maybe it's a way to gain 1st page google ranking in a very short space of time but its not for me.

Paul
06-11-2011, 05:44 PM
i had my voucher for adwords only God knows where it was from :)
£25 it was. I added extra £30. I didn't knew what i was doing then but my ads was displayed on 2nd or 3rd page on the side. never on top of the search :) so i think i was tight as well and set up cost per click to low :) never worked for me tho and like you guys say money gone in few days :)

now i am doing this in my way and i am on top of the first page in google :cool: just search for "photo mug templates".

interesting is: if you search for "mug templates" Iam on 2nd place in google. first place is owned by guy who stole my templates :)

life...

Andrew
07-11-2011, 09:33 AM
We used to run adwords/ppc for a couple of years. Probably spending around £300 - £400 per month but getting decent sales out of it (£4 or 5k). It's all about research when targeting your customers so you don't waste clicks/money. Start off with a small budget a tweak it as you go along. Keywords are all important when it comes to getting the most out of it. Wrong keywords will seeing you waste money in the blink of an eye whilst the correct ones will get you great value for money. You obviously need the products set-up and priced well on your website then to convert the traffic, without that you are wasting your time anyway.

purpledragon
07-11-2011, 09:46 AM
I know it works for some theres a guy close to me who sells plasic products window profiles , facias etc quite a niche market really he spends £40 a day and isists its worth it to him but the photo mug market is so saturateded even if 5% of clicks converted to sales you are talking £2.00 for every mug sold so yes it gets sales but it wont get you profit. Out of interest andrew uyou said you used to run the ads why not now ?

Andrew
07-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Just moved on to different ways of getting sales, natural progression. Had to leave ppc behind as it started to conflict with the newer customer bases we were moving into.

I do agree though, if you mainly sell single mugs you will be hard pushed to get ppc working for you. Only going through free or low/controlled cost routes would be any good there.

mrs maggot
08-11-2011, 01:06 PM
have a look at this http://www.enterprisenation.com/events/go-global/ might be worth a look