PDA

View Full Version : ricoh printer software probs

purpledragon
11-01-2010, 01:40 PM
either i posted this in another section by mistake or im going mad but anyway
got my ricoh 5050n today but when i try to put software in it tells me i need windows 95 or above i have windows vista at the moment any help anyone ?
Brett

John G
11-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi Brett, Try the Ricoh site, i've posted a link below to the downloads page
edited - wrong link

Cheers John

John G
11-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Sorry, wrong printer - try this link
http://www.ricoh-support.com/enduser/downloads/downloads.asp?fileid=12262&ricohmodelid=6351&url=http%3A%2F%2Fsupport%2Ericoh%2Ecom%2Fbb%2Fhtml %2Fdr%5Fut%5Fe%2Fre%2Fmodel%2Fgx505%2Fgx505en%2Eht m

purpledragon
11-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi Cheers John i finally got it working the site is not the best to get around the problems im having now are
1 it takes an age from clicking print until it actually starts printing
2i cant get a good print check broken lines every where.
you know i said it takes ages to start printing well i clicked print before i started typing this reply and its not started yet oops there it goes whats that 3 mins
help pleaseeeeeee
Brett

John G
11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Not sure why your image isn't printing clean - try a head clean
Time to print: Is the image big - are you using a extra long usb lead?

I was using mine on a long usb lead and had problems - changed to a smaller lead and it works fine. If i'm printing an image that's a large file it does take a while but not 3 minutes.

There's about 5 youtube videos that I followed to help me set my printer up but it was pretty straight forward after viewing the vids.

Cheers John

purpledragon
11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Hi John
got the blockage sorted 3 full flushes it took loadsa ink wasted
if i print something with out changing its profile or selecting paper type etc it prints immediatly so im gussing its in something ive selected. Do you use one of these printers? if so what printer settings do you have it on ie paper type, quality etc
cheers Brett

John G
11-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Used the newest profile off sawgrass site for the 5050n.

Basically, set up the printer using the disc that came with it. Installed profile then tweeked to the following:

Paper: Injet
Print Quality: High Quality
Print Mode: Fine

Have you downloaded the right profile?
Cheers John

purpledragon
11-01-2010, 04:57 PM
im not sure
ive used the profile off the disc its for 7000 so may be wrong one ill look on the saw grass site do you have the link ?

John G
11-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Where did you get that from ? you have to use the correct profile for the printer so thats why your printer is stalling when you go to print.

Profile: - use the 5050n for vista:
http://www.sawgrassink.com/v.php?pg=364
DONT USE POWERDRIVER - ITS NOT COMPATABLE WITH 5050n

Profile set up: - takes you through the set up but I used youtube.
http://www.sawgrassink.com/v.php?pg=113

Cheers John

ABOVE IS FOR SAWGRASS INKS ONLY

John G
12-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Did that help and are you printing yet?

purpledragon
12-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Hi John
Didnt have a lot of hair before i got even less now.
I have the right driver its still taking an age to print though if i dont bother going through changing priofiles etc its like lightening.
the prints im getting are awful in truth very washed out ive reinstalled the printer and profiles a few times now still no good i even went to a site http://www.conde.com/ricoh.php which is pretty helpful they had set ups on youtube but it only went as far as setting up the printer not what to set in the printer settings eg ink jet paper plain etc i did get another profile off them whgich is marginally better but im on my 12th mug now (luckily they are scrap mugs anyway ) i need help i think any one out there wanna give me ring and talk me through it see what im doing wrong let me know and ill give u my number or ill ring you either or
Brett

purpledragon
12-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi John thanks for your telephone support earlier lol its cleared quite a bit up im not quite getting the results i want as yet but im getting there. 64 bit is definatly not a good thing with these printers now im using it on a 32 bit its quite a bit better though im still not happy whith it just yet .
Keep an eye out the window through the snow you may just see a ricoh printer attached to a laptop flying by.
Brett

purpledragon
12-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Ok so now im using the printer on a 32 bit laptop because apparantly the printer doesnt like 64 bit.
the colours still arnt what id like in the picture i have posted you will see that the gents hat is green but in reality its brown so a little fine tuning yet but im getting there any tips on how to tone the green down ?

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj26/purpledragon_2008/IMGP0213.jpg

John G
12-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Hi Brett, Damn - I was watching out the window for the flying laptop/ricoh but you seem to have cracked it. Looks really good.

Not sure how to fix the green issue, mayby not tick that ICM box that I said tick :lol:

Cheers John

purpledragon
12-01-2010, 11:32 PM
That is unticked when it was ticked it looked awful. Sods law though i bought a new laptop to use with the printer but its the old decrepid one that works .....theres no justice
Brett

Paul
13-01-2010, 09:04 AM
That is unticked when it was ticked it looked awful. Sods law though i bought a new laptop to use with the printer but its the old decrepid one that works .....theres no justice
Brett
is have to e thicked as you need to switch printer color menagment off. r u using PS to print? if so what option ui useing when printing? absolute colorometric?

John G
13-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Hi Paul, I don't understand - are you saying the box has to be ticked.

Cheers John

purpledragon
13-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Now thats just confused me a whole lot more . absoulute colour metric? where is that tick box? also paul this is the ricoh 5050 have you seen the print screen for that ? it bears no resemblance to the epson screens. he tick box john an i are talking about is the icm colour management. this is unticked in epsons so i assumed it would be with the ricoh infact with it ticked as i told john it looks awful. If you want to lose hair gain 20 years in age and learn new swear words buy a ricoh lol
Brett

Paul
13-01-2010, 10:36 AM
sorry gus. did never seen ricoh printer box. but as far as i know is all about same.
ICM is some kind of color correction in printer drivers. so need to bi ticked. sorry for confusing you.
this is some random screen from epson printers.
http://images.printerinfo.com/images/uploads/Image/Reviews/Epson/R2400/Driver-Advanced.jpg
it show you icm ticked. so ther is no color correction. wee need to leace it for profili to do it. also I dont knoe if you have this same in your driver box but there is another box need to be ticked. @off - no color adjustment@
colorometric, absolute colorometric,perceptual and other option r avaliable in after hit "print" in photoshop. I dont remember what other option u have there coz iam not on my pc right now so please help me out :)

but as far as i can remember you need to set it for perceptual so your colors r not to bright and not to dool... I will confirm that when I come back home.

Paul
13-01-2010, 10:38 AM
If you want to lose hair gain 20 years in age and learn new swear words buy a ricoh lol
Brett

http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/lol.gif

John G
13-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Hi Brett, Just check and about 5minutes into this video theres info that might help your settings. The video is for a 7000 but some of the info is OK for the 5050n apart form the powerdrive bumpf. This is how I set mine up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQOFqnFwSBI

Cheers john

purpledragon
13-01-2010, 12:08 PM
ahhh if only the rioch printer set up screen was as simple as that paul unfortunatly it aint :(

Paul
13-01-2010, 12:10 PM
can any one paste screen in here :) so I will have rough idea :)

purpledragon
13-01-2010, 12:15 PM
HI John
I like the mission accomlished bit at the end its starting to feel like a military operation. A handy video shame theres no sound on it ut i think at the weekend i shall attempt to go through it all again on my new laptop see if i can get anywhere. i have it almost there on my old laptop just too much green coming through which is odd because all the other colours are bang on so maybe a little fine tuning needed. But a big thanks John youve helped loads hope i can return the favour sometime. I wonder if the problems that justin is having could be for the same reason as me ie a 64 bit computer ?
Brett

purpledragon
13-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Paul i could do that for you but if i were you id go to the you tube vid that john has linked, watch the last couple of minutes of it it shows all the tabs of the printer screen. If thats no good let me know and ill post some screen shots
in fact once i have it sorted ill probably post a guide on here as i reckon there will be a few having these problems
Brett