PDA

View Full Version : Yolo Dark transfer paper problems

Bob700
15-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Hi all
Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong, I'm using Yolo dark transfer paper at heat setting 175 for 15 seconds and covering with greasproof paper and let it go completly cold, my problem is that the greasproof paper sticks to the image, I assume that I should'nt be using greaseproof paper but I don't have time to wait for a teflon sheet to be delivered can anyone advise me on what I can use.

Thanks Bob

mrs maggot
15-11-2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.yolo.co.uk/image-clip-laser-dark-91-p.asp

or any of their other pages, shows step by step guide, i think you are pressing it wrong,

Bob700
15-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi Laura

Turns out it does'nt like greaseproof paper, it's amazing where you can find silcone paper if you're desparate, I re-tried it and it woked a treat....panic over (for a while)

Paul
15-11-2011, 04:41 PM
I had this same problem when used brow baking paer. I used shine side to the transfer and still stick as hell. When i used silicon paper that yolo send me problem gone :-)

mrs maggot
15-11-2011, 04:43 PM
brilliant, those reusable teflon baking sheets from any supermarket will do - i never use greaseproof

Paul
15-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Yep. I try those too. Work a treat. :-)

AdamB
19-11-2011, 01:37 PM
I use 3G papers all the time and use standard baking paper (5m rolls in tescos for a £1) and get no sticking at all. I have used grease proof paper and this stuck and ruined the transfer as mentioned.

John G
19-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Why would the greaseproof paper stick to the image, surely there's a peel off sheet before your grease proof sheet touches the image.

AdamB
19-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Why would the greaseproof paper stick to the image, surely there's a peel off sheet before your grease proof sheet touches the image.

Dark transfers are printed normal (not reverse) John and you pull them off the sheet, place onto a garment and cover with baking paper so the baking paper is in direct contact to the transfer (if you know what I mean).

Why does greaseproof paper stick ? no idea - it looks the same but must have some properties in the making of it that make it stick

John G
19-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Ah, I read the instructions but must have been reading the wrong ones as it never said peel off the image - that's why i was bemused by the baking sheet sticking to the image.

Yolo Creative
08-12-2011, 11:19 PM
If you have any more problems or questions then please feel free to give us a call.

mrs maggot
09-12-2011, 08:02 AM
just pressed 50 images in a batch, and am very impressed with the results, crisp clear, very soft (in comparison with others) seem to blend/bond in well with the cotton.