PDA

View Full Version : Comic Relief - 2011

Justin
18-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone,

As many of you will remember, exactly a year ago we raised £500 for Comic Relief, a fantastic achievement. Well, it's here again and I'd very much like us to take part, hopefully raising more money than we did in 2010.

I've emailed PayPal with regards to the fees for charity fund raising as we had problems with them last year and I want to put something in place to avoid this happening again.

I would welcome any ideas anyone has, last years virtual raffle for the mug press (very kindly donated by BMS) was a great success and I'm hoping we can replicate this and maybe do even more. I'd love to raise £1000 this year but appreciate that it's probably been a very tough year for many of us so anything we can do would be great.

I'd appreciate any input/comments you may have.

Thank you,
Justin :-)

Paul
19-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Mrs. Maggot had a good idea with puting pictures up and gess who is who? Picture entry would cost a fiver or tenner. Raffle for some press would be nice too. But this ned to be donated by somone. Maybe couple boxes of qualuty mugs? 10 for entry and somone may get bargain box of mugs :-)

mrs maggot
20-11-2011, 06:33 PM
how about a "hamper" see if all of the companies we deal with might be willing to put some samples together for the winner, BMS gave such a fantastic prize last year but they really should not be asked to do again, so if all of our suppliers put together a nice box off samples the winner would get a fantastic prize. sorry not been about to get the photo thing off the ground, perhaos there was too much going on in peoples lives this year to get involved ??? anyway home now, so lets see what we can get started

Paul
20-11-2011, 06:45 PM
BMS gave such a fantastic prize last year but they really should not be asked to do again
of corse they should ;)
and rest of them too! more to win more to comic relif ;)
Iam in any way!!! cmon BIG boys!!!! get some boxes out and fill them up with some goodies! we want them !! :cool:

Justin
20-11-2011, 06:55 PM
I'd been thinking about having several prizes, box of mugs, mixed blanks etc. See what we can get! Any other services/products anyone would like to offer would be great.

mrs maggot
20-11-2011, 09:51 PM
i will as i said in the photo post be happy to send a nice box of choccies to the winner

Paul
20-11-2011, 10:14 PM
love choccies :) will send my pic soon :) where are we send them to??

mrs maggot
20-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Paul, is that what we are going to run with ?? Justin is looking for ideas, personally i am happy for the raffle of numbers like last year ( i know i won - but lightning cant strike twice can it)

Paul
20-11-2011, 11:07 PM
i think we can do few can we?? rafle for some blanks if we manage to get any, rafle for the best looking member etc... :)

JSR
21-11-2011, 03:23 PM
rafle for the best looking member etc... :)
No point me entering, then! :biggrin:

Can we have a prize for "member who best resembles Quasimodo?" :wink:

Justin
21-11-2011, 05:46 PM
I had a hunch you'd say that...sorry :-(

purpledragon
21-11-2011, 07:21 PM

face rings a bell

JackB
21-11-2011, 07:50 PM

Someone's bound to get the hump about that.

Jack.

smitch6
28-11-2011, 08:12 AM
they are sad comments lol

Paul
03-12-2011, 07:19 PM
any news about this one??

Justin
03-12-2011, 08:05 PM
I've cancelled the fund raising for this year due to lack of Supplier interest, had a couple of boxes of mugs offered but nothing else so we'll look again next year and plan well in advance.

Paul
03-12-2011, 08:27 PM
ohh... :( well done suppliers :(

Ian M
03-12-2011, 09:14 PM
ohh... :( well done suppliers :(

Well said that man :biggrin:

Paul
03-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Well said that man :biggrin:
no suppliers if there is no busines ey? :mad:

Ian M
03-12-2011, 10:44 PM
no suppliers if there is no busines ey? :mad:

Things are tight mate.

mrs maggot
04-12-2011, 09:13 PM
cant really blame suppliers can we, Justin, are you really saying that people would not enter if there was not a prize on offer ?? have you thought of asking people, i think you might find we are more willing than you think and that perhaps the goal of giving is bigger than the goal of receiving ??

Justin
04-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I didn't blame suppliers, I said that I was cancelling due to lack of supplier interest. I also haven't said that members aren't willing to give. I'm quite prepared to give all donations made during a particular month to charity but I won't be going begging cap in hand.

mrs maggot
04-12-2011, 09:20 PM
and i did not say you had, others had, what i was saying was that i cant see that everyone is driven to doing things for chairity for what they will get out of it, but as comic relief is not for a few months yet, i guess this post is early anyway.

Justin
04-12-2011, 09:23 PM
I'd intended the donations to be for Children in need following the recent appeal, confusion on my side and the title of the original thread was incorrect. I'll see what we can work out but as with everyone I'm sure we're all up to our necks in it at the moment so maybe Comic Relief would be a good aim.

JSR
04-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Isn't Comic Relief on odd numbered years (with Sport Relief on even numbered years), which would make the next one in 2013, or have I got that wrong?

mrs maggot
04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
my original idea in the other post, was a members photo idea, with a donation for taking part being given to children in need, after this post we are on now went up, that idea kind of fell by the wayside, as Justin said the title did not help, and was never edited, but it is a busy time of year for everyone now, so as Justin says probably better to wait for whatever next year. ive given over £200 to RBL this year, and i know a lot of other members do stuff for charity as well 365 days of the year, then we have had movember for you men, so i think DSF members already give

Scotty@BMS
06-12-2011, 08:21 PM
my original idea in the other post, was a members photo idea, with a donation for taking part being given to children in need, after this post we are on now went up, that idea kind of fell by the wayside, as Justin said the title did not help, and was never edited, but it is a busy time of year for everyone now, so as Justin says probably better to wait for whatever next year. ive given over £200 to RBL this year, and i know a lot of other members do stuff for charity as well 365 days of the year, then we have had movember for you men, so i think DSF members already give

Well said Mrs. M. I have direct debits to two charities, and give to many others (one a local concern) whenever I can. We at BMS put up a top prize last year and it's a shame others cannot match it this year. But, as quite rightly said, times are tough. But let's remember, charity is in no way compulsory and I personally would find it most egregious to be bullied into making donations of our products. And I don't really care how many angry faces are posted in response!

Paul
06-12-2011, 08:28 PM
I have bit diferent point of view on this one... sccot. Do you feel bullied???

Scotty@BMS
06-12-2011, 08:32 PM
I have bit diferent point of view on this one... sccot. Do you feel bullied???[/QUOTE [QUOTE=Paul;34537]I have bit diferent point of view on this one... sccot. Do you feel bullied???

That's odd, the post you made is different from what is visable...

Justin
06-12-2011, 08:32 PM
I personally would find it most egregious to be bullied into making donations of our products.

So is this comment aimed at me or just another passing comment? I thought I'd put this thread to bed but again it seems to be dragging on and on.

Paul
06-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Better bite my tonge then ;-)

mrs maggot
06-12-2011, 08:36 PM
justin - its still a sticky thread, if you really want to put it to bed, unstick it and remove it, but for those of us that use the very useful "new posts" settings, it keeps appearing.

like we said, shame it had the worng title on it and that was never changed, shame only a few came forward to do the event that was in the lounge area, and a shame that people feel the need to have a "big prize" in order for them to have a laugh, post a picture of them, and let others guess who they are for a fiver to be donated to charity

Scotty@BMS
06-12-2011, 08:38 PM
So is this comment aimed at me or just another passing comment? I thought I'd put this thread to bed but again it seems to be dragging on and on.

Stick, wrong end of, ENTIRELY! Asking peeps to donate is entirely reasonable. Everyone gives what they can, if and when they can. I have nothing but praise for your attempts to raise a little moolah for worthy causes Justin, I think you've taken offense where you really should not.

Justin
06-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Nah, no offence taken....I'm big enough and by god ugly enough to take it, just looking for clarification ;-)

Scotty@BMS
08-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Nah, no offence taken....I'm big enough and by god ugly enough to take it, just looking for clarification ;-)

Perfick! Nay bother, Sir!

purpledragon
09-12-2011, 10:03 AM
I have direct debits to two charities, and give to many others (one a local concern) !
What Brewrey is that scott ?

Scotty@BMS
09-12-2011, 11:54 AM
What Brewrey is that scott ?

Badger in Blandford.

Ian M
09-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Badger in Blandford.

Nay nay lad Black Sheep Brewery here in sunny old Yorkshire where men are men & sheep worry.