PDA

View Full Version : It's been a week I'd rather forget, but never will!

Stitch Up
20-11-2011, 09:25 AM
On 10th November I had a call from my sister informing me that our niece Bethan had been involved in a car crash in Cardiff and taken to the University Hospital of Wales. To cut a long story short, the following week was an emotional rollercoaster with good news followed by bad etc.

On 17th November the family were once again summoned back to her bedside only to be told by the doctors, there was no more they could do for her, she passed away peacefully that afternoon.

Bethan was just 24, married to Lee and had 2 wonderful children aged 2 & 4. Returning home we then had to break the news to her 83 year old grandmother who'd lost her husband aged 29, her daughter (bethan's mum) aged 39 and now her grand daughter aged 24 - how cruel can life get?

Out of the dreadful grief of our family came hope for many other families whose loved ones received her organs.

Rest in peace Bethan, we love you and will always remember you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/datasafe/Family and Friends/BethanPicturesfromFacebook31.jpg

Paul
20-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Rest In Peace :frown:

mrs maggot
20-11-2011, 05:27 PM
RIP Bethan - back at your mothers side for you both to watch over your children xx

stuart
20-11-2011, 05:39 PM
How sad
Rest in peace
stu

Andrew
20-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Sounds a horrendous time. All the best.

Ian M
20-11-2011, 08:31 PM
So sorry to hear your very sad news John my thoughts are with you & your family at such a sad time.

We lost my cousin during Wednesday night due to pneumonia who is just slightly older than me. Her Dad passed away suddenley when he was just 47 & then her twin brothers both passed away suddenly in their very early 30's. Her Mum then passed away after contracting that super bug that was going around hospitals just a few years ago.

It is never easy when you loose a loved one & people say time make things easier but it never does.

Ian

John G
20-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Sorry to hear your sad news - my thoughts are with you.

schizowife
21-11-2011, 12:37 PM
My heart goes out to you:frown:. Your words made me cry so very much this morning as it is so reminisent of when we lost my brother.

We lost my brother Marc, 29 in a car crash 3 years ago last month. He left behind 3 beautiful children Brandon 6, Bailey, 4 and Phoenix, 2. The accident killed my cousin, Neil, instantly but Marc hung on to life for 4 days before we had to make the heartbreaking decision to switch off his life support.

The one thing we still cling to is that Marc's death enabled 3 other people to live through his organ donations.

Its very hard when the children are so small and all i worried about was that they wouldn't remember him as they got older. We made a keepsake box for each of the children and contacted friends and family for pictures, videos and even voicebox messages of Marc which we made 3 of everything and put in their boxes with lots of other items that would bring back wonderful memories for them. We even received thankyou letters from the recipients of his organs which we put in the boxes as well so the children could see what a wonderful last thing their daddy did.

Its true what they say that it does get easier, in the weeks following Marc's death i didn't think i'd ever stop crying or that i could ever think of him again or see the little ones without my heart aching so much it hurt. But it has got easier, it still hurts but now when i remember Marc i can laugh again at memories instead of crying and every time i see my niece and nephews i can now share in their joys instead of feeling a sense of sorrow that their daddy isn't there to share with them.

Rest in Peace Bethan xx

Paul
21-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Its very hard when the children are so small and all i worried about was that they wouldn't remember him as they got older. We made a keepsake box for each of the children and contacted friends and family for pictures, videos and even voicebox messages of Marc which we made 3 of everything and put in their boxes with lots of other items that would bring back wonderful memories for them. We even received thankyou letters from the recipients of his organs which we put in the boxes as well so the children could see what a wonderful last thing their daddy did.

this is beautiful! well done! I am sure little ones will appreciate this in future.

Bob700
25-11-2011, 11:17 PM
So sorry to hear of your bad news.

DS Designs
26-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Sorry to hear your bad news John

Stitch Up
26-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks again everyone.

Dave, your shirts are done and will be shipped Monday for Tuesday delivery.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/datasafe/Printing%20and%20Dye%20Sub/Neoflex/DTG%20Examples/P1020347.jpg

John