PDA

View Full Version : Moses

Ian M
25-11-2011, 02:29 PM
Over five thousand years ago Moses said to the children of Israel "Pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the promised land"

Nearly fifty years ago Harold Wilson said "Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a camel, this is the promised land"

Then Gordon Brown stole your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of camels, and mortgaged the promised land.

Now David Cameron has loaned my shovel to a third World country, (he hasn't realised yet that WE are now a third World country), raised my fuel bills, lent my money to a crowd of incompetent, greedy "Merchant bankers" and increased Vat to 20%.

I got so depressed last night I called the Samaritans they diverted my call to a call centre in Pakistan . I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.

smitch6
27-11-2011, 11:03 PM
that is so funny Ian
i'd love to put that on my forum but think i'd get strung up for it

but unfortunately it is actually so spot on with the truth these days :(

it makes me really sad when i look at the country and think all them poor men and women died in the 2 world wars so we could be a great country i bet they are crying as well now bless them

Ian M
28-11-2011, 03:09 PM
that is so funny Ian
i'd love to put that on my forum but think i'd get strung up for it

but unfortunately it is actually so spot on with the truth these days :(

it makes me really sad when i look at the country and think all them poor men and women died in the 2 world wars so we could be a great country i bet they are crying as well now bless them

Thanks Steve. Funny you should say the bit about the people who fought in the two world wars as my Dad who passed away just over 3 years ago felt just like that. He was an engineer & was one of the few during D-Day who were repairing equpment all day & all night so they could keep advancing. He said they were working in some out buildings of a big chateau & when they went into the house the Nazis had been there & one of the bedrooms had a swastika painted on the wall above the bed with the eagle insignia etc too. They then found out that Hitler himself had stayed there a few times when in France. He also had a German officer surrender to him with around 50 of his men who had just had enough of the war. My Dad said he or the others didn't have a clue what to do with them so, the German officer offered he & his men could help them as none of them were Nazis except one who said should be tied up & shot. At the end of the war my Dad was transfered to the military police & was sent to Germany for the Nurembeg trials after the war. He met someone there also from Bradford who was none other than Albert Pierpoint who was the hangman for the UK. In fact they became good friends whilst over there but, what he told my Dad well, that's another story. My Dad always said he wondered if it was all worth it in the end.

smitch6
28-11-2011, 03:30 PM
wow

thats an amazing story you must be very proud of him :)

Ian M
29-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Very proud of him Steve & I miss him like hell. The saddest bit is he had to spend his last days in a nursing home because the next door neighbours were making his last days hell. They were banging on the walls, hammering, drilling, shouting abuse & slamming doors. They even parked their cars on the day of his funeral in a way so the hearse couldn't get in front of the house. Just think that this man fought for their freedom & that was the respect & thanks he got. In fact as he was leaving for the nursing home he pointed at next door & said 'Hitler may have had the right idea but he chose the wrong people'.

smitch6
29-11-2011, 08:45 PM
sorry to hear that Ian
there are some horrid ppl out there i know :(

i know what u mean about missing them my mum died at 17 yrs ago aged only 58 and i still miss her and it took a long time for me to stop thinking 'i must tell mum about that' lol

time heals mate trust me :)