PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Noise (beep BEEP!!!!!)

fanshirts
25-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Hi

I got my press from BMS today and the cooling beeps are doing my head in already, does anyone know how to turn them off? Its the double beep which sounds whenever the press is trying to cool.

Thanks
Jon

bms
25-11-2011, 10:10 PM
It doesn't beep to to imply cooling, it double beeps to confirm it is on and the idle temp has been reached.

fanshirts
25-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Im a little confused now Martin

It starts double beeping as soon as the time hits zero. Is it at the idle temperature at this point or do i have to wait for the counter to reach 110 degrees before i remove the mug?

Thanks for your help
Jon

fanshirts
25-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Actually, ignore that comment Martin, ive been removing the mug at the long beep which is correct. As soon as that long beep happens it starts double beeping again, does that mean that its at the idle temp and I can add another mug straight away? Also ive noticed that it takes different times to get from the idle time up to the main temp, should it be the same everytime? Surely if its different then ill be getting different results :S

Sorry to be a pain
Jon

purpledragon
26-11-2011, 12:09 AM
you set an idle temp this is a tempriture which is safe for the machine to sit at but not fully cold so when you do your next mug it doesnt take so long to heat back up to full temp ergo saving on electric bill and blanket replacement i think i set mine at about 100deg . so its beep beeping sending you mad (and it does send you mad ) you put your mug in press the button and the temp rises to the correct temp set only then does your timer kick in and count down to the set time. ll this shoul;d be in the maual have you read it?

purpledragon
26-11-2011, 12:13 AM
an while im on the subject what bloody hilarious chinaman thought that "we wish you a merry christmas" was a good tune to let you know your mugs ready , very festive im sure but after the first 12 months of listening to it , it wears thin