PDA

View Full Version : Business Cards & Flyers? How? I Love Paper!

edwardsmedia
26-11-2011, 02:58 AM
Hello, I would like to expand my business into Business Cards, Flyers, Posters, Canvas Prints, and Stationery in the near future depending on my budget.

Can anyone recommend which machines i will need for these? Where can i get them from? and whats the cost? thank you.

purpledragon
26-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Thats a pretty eclectic mix there flyers etc you need a photo copier and a good quality one at that posters and canvases it depends how big you want to print my cannon prints 24" wide and come in at around £1800 buis cards again theres so many differnt types out there it depends which ones you want to do and remember with things like buis cards people like vista print do 500 for free. Id sit down decide what you definatly want to go into search around google then when you have more of a specific idea come back to the forum that way your questions will be directed a bit more specifically to those who have that equiptment

mrs maggot
26-11-2011, 12:01 PM
sometimes its good to team up with another local business, you offer them what they dont do at a good price, they offer you what you cant do at a good price, works for me

logobear
26-11-2011, 05:07 PM
PRINTING.COM do an instore franchise/licence deal - it has proved popular with many Kodak Express minilabs and photoshops and should be worth a look.
Regarding doing in-house, - I ran a copyshop for near 20 years, - it's how i got into garment personalisation.
You really have to work our what trategic offering you can offer, - most people have a pretty competant home/office printer, and also know thaT THEY CAN GET PRINTED PAPER, for less than you can buy blank paper for over tinternet if they wait a few days.
There is demand for print on heavy card stock, - 300gram etc, but very few printers that can actually handle it.
You should be looking for high value sales, 10p photocopies (or 20p) will only bankrupt you!
A wide format 24" or wider printer can be a fantastic earner, and can be used for great display material inhouse too!
I personally was ready top end my venture in this area, PDF, electronic sharing, and decent SOHO printers killed the industry.

edwardsmedia
29-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Thanks everyone that is brilliant :)

Im getting there slowly. But thinks take time i guess :)