PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any magnetic dye sub sheet?

SciArtImages
27-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Hi all,
Trying to find some dye sub magnetic sheet to print some car door signs onto to try to drum up trade before Xmas (might mean I have to wash the car though!). Can't find any in suppliers I know of - all seem to be out of stock. Don't suppose anyone has any that they don't need that I could buy off them (or know of a supplier with it in stock that I've missed)? I only print and sub A4 so I am only looking for 2 to 6 sheets at A4-ish size.
Anyone able to help?

Cheers,
Neil.

Justin
27-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Received a mail shot for this today if it's of any use to you?

http://www.megauk.com/sublimation/sublimation-magnetics.php

SciArtImages
27-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Top man Justin - will save me having to use the dreaded Vistaprint for car signs!

Thanks very much,

Neil.

SciArtImages
27-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Just looked at megauk and I need a £30 minimum order, don't really want to be tempted to totally cover my car in signs!
Anyone got any magnetic sheet they want rid of?
Cheers,

Neil.

John G
27-11-2011, 04:48 PM
If you do offer mags for cars/vehicles make sure you give them a "care sheet". I've seen on another forum someone used cheap mags and didn't take off or clean the car for a few months - the mags had welded themselves to the car and when they were removed (chiselled i think) it took all the paint work off with it.:frown:

SciArtImages
27-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Ouch! Thanks for the tip John! I'm only looking to do a few for myself to promote my business (I have just listed some sub items and others printed with my art on my website - make great gifts!). I will bear your advice in mind, though I doubt even chiselled doors would affect the value of my car!
Thanks again,
Neil.