PDA

View Full Version : Epson 22

Nicola
28-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi there, can you help me Im totally a newbie to all this...

I have read up what I can and bought the Epson S22 Printer and then also bought the Ciss System for it too, the one with the reset button and also set of 4 inks. Is this all I need to buy? Is there anything else I need to purchase to make this printer work? :)

smitch6
28-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Have you got the correct sublimation ink?
and the right paper

i presume your doing sublimation?

and then of course you'll need sub items to actually print the item on and a heat press or mug press to press the image :)

Nicola
28-11-2011, 01:56 PM
The Ink comes with the CISS System so Im guessing so :)

I have also got Mug sublimation paper too, Mug Heat Press and Mugs with boxes..

Do I need to buy empty ink cartridges at all?

smitch6
28-11-2011, 01:57 PM
the ciss should have long tubes with the carts at the end of it :)
as long as it's the right system for the printer u have

smitch6
28-11-2011, 01:58 PM
and are u 100% sure its sub ink in there?

John G
28-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Simple to answer - where did you get the CISS with ink from?

Nicola
28-11-2011, 03:57 PM
I bought it from ebay :)

CISS SYSTEM FOR EPSON S22 SX125 SX120 Version 4 with reset + set of inks
Brand New CISS set with 4 inks - bought recently, opened but not used at all (see photo) - cost of £39.99 + P&P, it's the more expensive system with reset button
I bought an Epson S22 and the CISS system but after using the S22 without the CISS decided the printer was not what I wanted and so the CISS is of no use to me. Selling here exactly as I bought it, but at a very cheap price just to get rid and cut my losses.
I cannot offer any advice on installing or usage - details below is the spec from the original item. I can take no responsibilty for any problems that may occurr and is 'sold as seen'. For more information see the Coralgraph website.
New Type Continuous Ink System
for
Epson Stylus
S22 SX125 SX120
Using the following cartridges
T1281-T1284
+
400ml Coralgraph ISO Certified Dye Based Refill Ink
Latest Combo Chips (ARC) with central reset button, comes with the supplied Duracell 3V 2032 Battery

No USB Connection Required / No AAA Batteries

Installation require a basic DIY knowledge and the ciss comes with a full instructions.

Inks and Ciss System are ISO 9001 standard

When installing a Continuous Ink Supply System you WILL be required to make some form modification to your printer, this may invalidate your warranty and this is done entirely at your own risk.
* The Ink Tanks MUST be kept at the same level as the printer; if they are raised up the ink will run out of the ink tanks and flood the printer.

The Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) for the for Epson simply fits into your existing printer replacing the need for expensive printer ink cartridges with a simple but very effective high quality bulk ink delivery system.
Providing a continuous supply of ink to the printer without the need to replace cartridges, the continuous ink flow system works by using a vacuum seal, preventing leakage and loss of ink supply to the ink cartridges
The ink tanks can individually be re-filled with compatible ink very easily. You only need to top up on colours that require it (The ink tanks are clear so can see when your ink is running low).
Instructions for installing are on youtube or visit the Coralgraph website.

Paul
28-11-2011, 04:05 PM
you dont have dye sublimation ink. so dont attempt to print anything!
you need dye SUBLIMATION ink to get this all to work ;)

John G
28-11-2011, 04:07 PM
400ml Coralgraph ISO Certified Dye Based Refill Ink

There's your clue, dye based and dye sublimation are 2 different types of ink.

Paul
28-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Dye Based Refill Ink ​is not same stuff as dye sulimation ink.

John G
28-11-2011, 04:12 PM
echo echo :biggrin:

Nicola
28-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Oooooooo good job I asked on here then aint it haha!

So If I bought Dye Sublimation Ink, Can I use the CISS System I have bought? :0

Thanks for this guys :)

Paul
28-11-2011, 04:26 PM
yes. if its empty now.

Nicola
28-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Great...

So where can I buy reasonable priced dye sublimation ink from? I have just had a quick look on http://www.coralgraph.com/dye-refill-ink

But unsure which one I need to buy? Sorry Im blonde! lol

Nicola
28-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Ah could this be it? http://www.coralgraph.com/dye-refill-ink/4x100ml-4-color-refill-ink-for-epson-printers-ciss-systemscarts

smitch6
28-11-2011, 04:32 PM
give him a ring he'll advice u what to do
he's very helpful

Paul
28-11-2011, 04:38 PM
I would not get this stuff from Steve links :) this is not SUBLIMATION INK and IT WONT WORK!
go to our supplier section and look around. email few suppliers. i am sure they will be able to do you some deal!

John G
28-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Nicola, your still missing that magic word "Sublimation" the ink, in the link, is dye based - no it won't work!

smitch6
28-11-2011, 05:00 PM
er hum i didn't post a link :)

Nicola
28-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Ok, I will email some suppliers and see what they can do and point me in the right direction :) As I have no clue when It comes to what Ink to buy, as you can tell.

Thanks for the advice so far :)

John G
28-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Hi Nicola,
For sublimation onto mugs you'll need sublimation ink, paper (can be xpres or trupix etc) sublimation mugs (not standard mugs) a profile for the inks, a compatible printer and a mug heat press. Times are around 180 degrees for about 180 seconds.

For printers you can use a few different epsons that have profiles, other epsons and you'll have to get a profile made. Other printers available for sublimation are the Ricoh 7700 or 3300. The Ricohs don't use profiles, they have a software called powerdriver.

Good luck with your mugs
Cheers John