PDA

View Full Version : Faint patches when printing on bags

rudders18
14-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi,
Can anyone help with faint patches I am getting when printing onto the flaps of bags sold by Xpres. I am using an Epson 1400 with Artainium inks and a correct ICC profile. Most of the print out is fine but I get faint patched always in the same area of the print for some reason.

I have tried increasing the pressure and temperature without any effect, next step is to increase time but its getting expensive wasting a bag each time it fails.

Any help most welcome.

Thanks

purpledragon
14-01-2010, 05:26 PM
sounds like you have a cold spot on your heat press
Brett

bms
14-01-2010, 06:36 PM
What temp and time are you pressing for?

rudders18
14-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Hi
I'm pressing for 50sec at 200C. I have tried moving the bag flap to different positions on the heatpress and it stays in the same place on the flap?? Also when I print anything else I do not have the probelm so I discounted a cool spot.

I suppose my question to anyone else is have they pressed similar items and what time, pressure, temp do you use?

Thanks

purpledragon
14-01-2010, 09:38 PM
ok try this
i use a felt pad under most things i press i use the stuff you put on iroing boards but the felt not foam. this i find gives a better seal when pressing ergo avoiding misprints. especially good when printing cushions or anything which has something on the back like a zip or piping
Brett

rudders18
15-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Thanks I'll try that at the weekend and let you know if it helps

bms
15-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Agree with Brett - put something flat under the flap so it raises it up a bit. If the flap isn't large then an old mousemat will do the jop.

rudders18
01-05-2010, 07:07 AM
Hi
Been a while since I started this discussion, found the problem in the end, it was a high moisture content in the bag flaps and by pre-pressing them for longer to eliminate the moisture it prints fine.

Regards