PDA

View Full Version : New Dye-Sub Forum?

JSR
30-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Using Google to find one of my old posts just now, I came across this forum: http://www.printingbusiness.biz/forum.php

I've never heard of it before but it has some of my posts and other familiar threads on it. It looks like it's a rip from one of the old Subli-Nation forums. Their "jigsaw logo" looks like the one the DSF had awhile back.

Does anyone know anything about it?

Paul
30-11-2011, 01:17 PM
yep :) i have seen this few weeks ago! Logo look riped off from our old one. I found loads of my posts there too but funny thing is i can not log in with my old nick and password :)
I dont know if this is same old owners ofsubli-nation forum but it looks like they like the idea of this forum ad they trying to start again...

edit:

LOL! I just reqested new password from they site :)
this is what i get after log in :)

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

​I wonder what did?? :)

JSR
30-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Paul, did you try creating a new account?

I wonder whether the "banned" thing is because they don't have access to the email addresses (at least, I hope they don't!), so the forum owner may have set up all accounts with a non-existing email address.

I'm still not sure what the purpose of that site is. If someone wants to create their own dye-sub forum then I'm sure no one's going to try and stop them, but to nick all the posts from a forum that hasn't been posted on for about 3 years is just being silly about the whole thing.

Paul
30-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Oh noooo. They do have access to emails as new password arrived fine. After log in i noticed this ban message.

Renniwano
30-11-2011, 02:08 PM
You've been a naughty boy... I have joined and not missing much apart from a cracking post on how to last longer in bed.. for men !!

Paul
30-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Lol. I noticed that admin dont do to much there as there is loads of spam there... I think i hav been baned after last timw o posted link ther years ago to this forum :-)

JSR
30-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Oh noooo. They do have access to emails as new password arrived fine. After log in i noticed this ban message.
Oh great, so I take it we can presume that Kevin @SubliNation, or whoever ran the old forum, sold on our details then. That's nice. I supposed the Data Protection Act just applies to other people does it? :rolleyes:

How soon before we learn that any credit card details we used to buy blanks with have also been sold on?

Paul
30-11-2011, 02:22 PM
this is what i was thinking... Or this may be Kevin. Then everythig is legal.

John G
30-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Its full of spam anyway - funnily enough I seen the same spammer's name post on this site too!

JSR
30-11-2011, 02:41 PM
this is what i was thinking... Or this may be Kevin. Then everythig is legal.
I don't see why that makes any difference. Whether legal or not, it certainly wouldn't be ethical.

I have an instant dislike of any organisation that has access to my details without asking first. It makes no difference if the information is sold on or inherited. Many people distrust the internet because of underhanded practices when it comes to personal data. New sites cropping up using our details without permission, whether inherited or sold on, fosters further distrust. Distrust doesn't help anyone, and that's why I dislike said practices and any organisation that cultivates such practices.

Ian M
30-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Most of those posts were started over 2 years ago.

JSR
30-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Most of those posts were started over 2 years ago.
I imagine they were lifted from the old forum. No one's posted on it for about 2-3 years, IIRC.

Ian M
30-11-2011, 07:29 PM
I notice it is on vBulletin too so, could Justin have a word with them if they are using any posts from here.

Justin
30-11-2011, 08:04 PM
I believe the database has been copied from the old SubliNation forum, certainly not from here. Paul.....I had decided to ban any members of the DSF that joined this forum for reasons of Treachery and Disloyalty....you naughty naughty boy! ;-)

At the end of the day everyone will remember what happened, how we were all ignored and why we set the DSF up. We were supposed to be an interim solution whilst promises of a new forum were completed.....make up your own minds.

Paul
30-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I think all ppl remwmbee juston :-) and you look closely you will fimd out no much changed on other forum :-) full of spam and adkins an.mods.doing nothinf! Btw. Love the way they riped tu logo off from us lol.

Btw. Is this mean o will be baned on here???

Renniwano
30-11-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't remember what happened as wasn't around then... but if I may say so, the forum sucks and with that amount of spam on it I would have hot footed it off there in a shot even if I meant to join it.. (I only joined to see why Paul had been banned lol)