PDA

View Full Version : Which sublimation printer to go with?

techfundoo
04-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Hello,

We're in the process of buying a new sublimation printer, the minimum width required for us would be a maximum of 16" but more will do as well, we have considered mostly Epson models and would like to know which model would be the best one, I have been told that the 4880 and 7880 have been discontinued. We need ex

Furthermore, we would like to know which inks would be the best?

I'd appreciate if someone can suggest us the right model and if can put us through the right supplier, I can be contacted via email as well.

Thanks for the help!

mrs maggot
04-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Is this a commercial printer for use in India ??

Chickenshop
16-12-2011, 11:09 AM
I would like to know as well as I am looking at buying an A3 printer for my shop, we presently have a Ricoh GX e330n A4 printer

Paul
16-12-2011, 02:14 PM
God bless you guys :)
you dont want to start it again?? do you?? :wink:

go for best you can afford :)
there is many lovers of ricoh and many of epsons. is only up to you what way you would like to go.

JSR
16-12-2011, 03:03 PM
I would imagine the cheapest 16"+ carriage Epson printer would be the Epson Stylus 3880 (due to the unique way Epson just change the currency symbol when working out the exchange rate, it may be significantly cheaper to buy from the US if you can work it out that way). I don't know anyone who uses this printer for dye-sub, but it should be do-able. I believe you can get refillable cartridges for this model these days.

The current 4xxx model is the Epson 4900 - which costs at least £300 more than the 3880, judging by Amazon prices.

You will need your own custom profile for the sublimation inks if your chosen printer is not "supported" by your ink supplier, but I would imagine you would get your own device to do this if you're spending that much on a printer anyway. A profiling device can cost around £300 (or double that for a better one).