but they r out of stock

Justin
11-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Have you tried Pressprintnow.com?

edit: I see they're showing very low numbers/zero on stock

Mattie
11-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi Justin
Yeah tried them that were I bought a few samples to what they were like n the ones I could print on hav flew out n I put wrong quantity on website n hav sold more than I hav

Andrew
11-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Have you actually tried these cases on the phone ? I've probably got 5 or 6 hanging about but every time I've tried them they break quickly. iPhone versions are fine and don't have the same issue.

Mattie
11-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Hi Andrew

Never tried them but they are selling well, if you've got 5 or 6 i'll buy them off you, PM me if you want to sell them mate

Andrew
12-12-2011, 10:41 AM
I've got 8 if you want them. £2.50 each which is the regular price I believe, postage probably another £2 on top.

I think it's a great cover and prints well considering the shaped metal....... but I would really get some testing done before getting too many. I could have gone through more of these than the iPhone cases but I'm going to wait until I'm confident on them.

Mattie
17-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Has anyone got anymore galaxy s2 cases, got the 8 off andrew but sold out of them and getting email after email phone call after phone from people wanting one

barryslip
07-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Hi Mattie

Just reading about pressing these and the instructions say "Place soft pad on Heat press (2-3 layers)" - what do you use for a soft pad? The base plate of my heat press already has quite a soft pad on it so just wondering if that will be OK? Any advice welcomed!

Mattie
08-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Hi

I cut a small rectangle off a mousemat about 1cm wide by 7cm long, then stick this along the case where the bend is, then i place the whole thing on a mousemat and press, the small bit of mousemat helps push the paper in to the bend.

Paul
08-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi

I cut a small rectangle off a mousemat about 1cm wide by 7cm long, then stick this along the case where the bend is, then i place the whole thing on a mousemat and press, the small bit of mousemat helps push the paper in to the bend.
interesting! I did try one of them but ruined the insert coz this bend. I used hell loads of pressure but still not enough to get decent print. Do you print them transfer paper up? or up side down?

thanks

PAul

Mattie
08-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi Paul

I place the paper loosley on to the metal insert and tape at other end to the bend bit, then tape the small bit of mousemat to the paper on the bend, then place insert side up on a mousemat then place in press and use a firm but not heavey pressure, never had a failed one yet works every time. Just can't get enough of them in stock got new batch yesterday and they've gone. I don't see why every is going mad for them.

Also got the rubber iphone cases from listawood they are excellent quality and even have a little a tab bit on the peel off backing to make it easier to peel off to place insert on.

P.S. if you use to much pressure on insert for galaxy s2 case wait till it's cool and place it on a unprinted on and bend back to shape gently

Justin
08-01-2012, 05:29 PM
rubber iphone cases from listawood they are excellent quality....

I wasn't aware that rubber cases were available, sounds interesting.

Andrew
08-01-2012, 06:32 PM
I just used a full mousemat an placed the shaped metal onto that. Like all metal it's print surface face down. Always printed well that way....... as for the cases, srill crack after a small amount of use.... less than 1 day.

Mattie
08-01-2012, 06:34 PM
I wasn't aware that rubber cases were available, sounds interesting.

Yeah i never knew about them either, they are really good and great quality.

Andrew
09-01-2012, 09:49 AM
There's an iPad case available as well which I'm surprised no supplier has tried yet.

Mattie
09-01-2012, 04:13 PM
I've got some of the Ipad cases from coralgraph, they have a rubber type feel to them. quality is great.

Andrew
09-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Hadn't even thought of checking CG. I had just placed an order for 200 plus a load of sample stuff from China for these but i can do a quick trial now. Are they rubber like the rubber phone cases or plastic like the phone case?

Mattie
09-01-2012, 06:14 PM
There plastic cases but have a rubber feel if you run your finger over it if you get what i mean haha, the Iphone cases from listawood are actually rubber as they are flexible it's just the part the insert stick to that is solid.

Where you getting your stuff from china?

Andrew
09-01-2012, 08:56 PM
PM sent.....

bms
10-01-2012, 09:17 PM
There's an iPad case available as well which I'm surprised no supplier has tried yet.

I have! We had some samples before Christmas and they print up well. Problem is they make the iPad quite a bit heavier but they have a good feel to them. The same approach is being developed for the kindle (clips to the back), but again it makes a lightweight product more bulky and heavier.

Andrew
11-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Just seen the Kindle email come through so that would be a great addition. Also, they have a new version of the Galaxy S2 compared to what is currently out there. All of these cases are going to be my big product for this year....... I'm sick of printing mugs. Haven't done that many yet but the iPhone cases sell well when put on view. Hope they keep building the range and quality (some things on the market are a bit poor).

pressprintnow.com
19-01-2012, 08:22 AM
As many of you have already been informed a test batch of the new Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 cases are now available on our site, with the last batch having issues cracking due to a tight fit I urge you to test out the new model. all existing customers & anybody who purchases the remaining cases will only pay the current price in the future*, 2 cases Per Person - £1.80 per case. White & Black will be available

Other products will be added today and the same rule applies (Frozen Price Promise)* Contact me Directly For Details

Kind Regards

Lucy

DS Designs
19-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Andrew, what company was the Kindle email from?, I also hope the phone range continues, I've had enquiries about a Nokia N8 case

Cheers

Dave

Andrew
19-01-2012, 10:35 AM
It's all Bestsub stuff. I think adding new cases will be quite slow though. It should be easy as I've sourced a few cases for different phones where I then just need the metal insert.

DS Designs
19-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks for that, i'll take a look :-)

pressprintnow.com
19-01-2012, 10:56 PM
In regards to the cracked items from the last batch - Any Defective items can be returned for a full refund or replacement

Mattie
20-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Anyone tried the new samsung s2 cases, are they actually any better than old ones?, i had to refund nearly all the ones i sold over xmas due to them snapping

Andrew
20-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Anyone tried the new samsung s2 cases, are they actually any better than old ones?, i had to refund nearly all the ones i sold over xmas due to them snapping

I've got a couple on the way and will try them on my phone for a few days. I did try to warn you about the last lot. They sold to well was the problem I guess.

Justin
20-01-2012, 09:19 PM

Were you not made aware that there were potential problems with these when you bought them though?

Mattie
20-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Andrew: Let me know how you get on, true should of listened but had customers crying for them.

Justin: i wasn't made aware of any problems when i bought first batch when they came to market, the first time i was made aware was when andrew sold me his and he warned me they could be fragile but up until then i had not had any complaints but just before and after xmas i received a lot of emails all stating near enough the problem incuring with the cases so had to refund them all so now quite a bit our of pocket.

JSR
21-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I've got some of the Ipad cases from coralgraph, they have a rubber type feel to them. quality is great.
I got one of these to try out from CG, but it doesn't fit my iPad. I've contacted Henry and sent photos, and now waiting a reply from his supplier.

Henry says he sold 100s+, so I don't know how other people got them to fit to their iPads. Must be just me.

pressprintnow.com
21-01-2012, 06:29 PM
iPad 1 or 2?

JSR
21-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Mine's an iPad 1. I asked if the case was for an iPad 2 instead (this wasn't mentioned on the product description), but was told it should fit both - which seemed a little odd to me, but I'm waiting on any reply he gets from the supplier.

pressprintnow.com
21-01-2012, 06:34 PM
they were originally advertised for ipad 1 & 2 but i'm not so sure how they could fit both, i think they are for ipad 2 only, thats what we sell them as.

Andrew
21-01-2012, 08:52 PM
They fit iPad 2 perfectly. I believe the original iPad is very slightly deeper although a similar size. They are now advertised as iPad 2 covers.

JSR
22-01-2012, 12:09 AM
They fit iPad 2 perfectly. I believe the original iPad is very slightly deeper although a similar size. They are now advertised as iPad 2 covers.
The ones from CG were just called "iPad cover", which is why I thought they'd fit the iPad. I see they're not on CG's website at present - presumably while they seek clarification.

If these turn out to all be for the iPad 2, does anyone know a source of iPad 1 suitable cases like this? Apparently there were over 15 million iPad 1s sold (possibly as high as 19 million), so it seems a bit silly to just focus on the iPad 2. Those iPad 1s didn't all disappear in a puff of smoke just because the iPad 2 came out.

Mattie
22-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know if the iphone 4 cases fit the iphone 3

Andrew
22-01-2012, 10:26 AM
The ones from CG were just called "iPad cover", which is why I thought they'd fit the iPad. I see they're not on CG's website at present - presumably while they seek clarification.

If these turn out to all be for the iPad 2, does anyone know a source of iPad 1 suitable cases like this? Apparently there were over 15 million iPad 1s sold (possibly as high as 19 million), so it seems a bit silly to just focus on the iPad 2. Those iPad 1s didn't all disappear in a puff of smoke just because the iPad 2 came out.

It is the same as the iPhone 3 etc. CG is out of stock on ipad which is why it is not there. The supplier does state iPad2 now but didn't originally I believe.

JSR
22-01-2012, 10:32 AM
It is the same as the iPhone 3 etc. CG is out of stock on ipad which is why it is not there. The supplier does state iPad2 now but didn't originally I believe.
I don't know which supplier you're talking about. CG was my supplier (one of several suppliers i use) and there's been no mention of iPad 2-only from them.

Andrew
22-01-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't know which supplier you're talking about. CG was my supplier (one of several suppliers i use) and there's been no mention of iPad 2-only from them.

Bestsub they all get them from.

pressprintnow.com
22-01-2012, 04:15 PM
iPad 2 cases available from us at pressprintnow

JSR
22-01-2012, 04:32 PM
iPad 2 cases available from us at pressprintnow
It was iPad 1 cases I wanted... :wink: ...to tap into that market of 19 million iPad 1s that have been sold.

pressprintnow.com
24-01-2012, 10:07 AM
oh sorry i didnt realise, The only iPad 1 cases are the leather like ones, tight fit but do the job. Built in stand too, makes the ipad bulky though

JSR
24-01-2012, 11:37 AM
oh sorry i didnt realise, The only iPad 1 cases are the leather like ones, tight fit but do the job. Built in stand too, makes the ipad bulky though
Makes them too expensive, too, from what I've seen. :biggrin:

Oh well, I guess selling to a potential 19 million customers just isn't a big enough market for anyone to care about /sarcasm...:wink: