PDA

View Full Version : 1400 HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Glen
17-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Just fitted a new bulk feed kit on a new 1400 and no problems regonising the carts so tryed first print and its only print one colour ..the cyan..done two cleans and nozzel checks and is still only showing the cyan on the nozzle check..any ideas..? :(

Justin
17-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Have you tried purging the ink into the carts with a syringe? You can do this (without the needle) and pull back until the ink runs wothout bubbles.

bms
17-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Would check to make sure the cartridges are FIRMLY inserted into the printer so that there is a total air tight seal when they are fitted. Try the re-priming Justin - with the Photo 1400 you can insert the sharp needle into the top of the cartridge - through the hole in the circular section in the raised bit of the cartridge need the chips. Go through the rubber and suck back on the syringe to re-priming, squirting the ink drawn up back into the bottles.

Just a tought - you have removed the rubber bungs in the bulk feed system and put on the air filters have you? Otherwise the system will just vacuum lock itself.

Glen
17-01-2010, 09:06 PM
this is the way it looks..(took this image of a web but looks the same as mine apart from the yellow..lol) have primed the ink out with siringe and now getting all colours apart from yellow..?
sorry forgot to ask do you remove the cartridges before priming as i did not..

bms
17-01-2010, 10:25 PM
This doesn't look like the Easyflow systems that come with Artainium sublimation ink. What ink is it?

Glen
17-01-2010, 11:23 PM
No its not the easyflow as i got spare inks of a friend and just had to buy a bulk feed for them but use this bulk feed in other printers without any problems so think i will take them all out again in the morning and prim again..

bms
18-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Check to make sure the yellow has been primed correctly in the first place and that there are no bubbles coming through when you re-prime the yellow. If there are bubbles with the yellow then there is air getting into the CIS somewhere which needs to be corrected.

Glen
20-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Think you are right Martin as no matter how much i prim i am still getting air so contacted supplier and a replacement ciss on the way..now to drain the dam dye out again..lol

bms
20-01-2010, 09:03 AM
If you can find where the air is getting in (usually around where the tube enters the cartridge) then you could try putting a hot glue seal around this. Might get you working.

Glen
20-01-2010, 09:56 PM
If you can find where the air is getting in (usually around where the tube enters the cartridge) then you could try putting a hot glue seal around this. Might get you working.

Thanks Martin..will let you know how i get on..

Glen
21-01-2010, 11:55 PM
All sorted..it was a faulty ciss..thanks all

Justin
22-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Always good to see the outcome of these problems, glad you're sorted :-)