PDA

View Full Version : Large Format Printing

proprints
15-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi all

Not really sure if this is the forum to ask this, but I'll give it a go.

As well as subli printing, we do a lot of Posters, canvas & banners, which we currently sub out. we are considering doing these in house and wonder what printers people would recommend, HP, Epson or Cannon. We only want to print up to A1 so a 24" will be fine

Thanks
Steve

letsgo
15-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Hi,
Depends what your budget is and if you want versatility as large formats can be expensive plus do you want dye pigment or solvent .We have a 64" hp 8000s which is good but ink usage and parts can be expensive.Also the RIP for the HP was dear start up but it is an all round printer from small stickers to large wall art ,think about how much use and money you can get from it as you want it to pay for itself quickly so the more media you can print to means more money
i would look at the roland versacamm or something on them lines then you have the use of it for vinyl print and can offer printed window graphics etc
Hope this was useful
Gary

AJLA
17-12-2011, 04:39 PM
We have an Epson 24" printer, the model 7600pro i'm sure is obsolete now but it has worked it's socks of for about seven years now. One or two niggles along the way and literally one or two no way near th hassle my little dye sub printer gave me.
I found a man who is a fountain of knowledge to help sort the little niggles, I now buy inks etc from him. Great profit to be made with these stretch canvases are flying out the door for us this year .

If you sub out lots just think of the profit going in someone elses direction, could all be yours.