PDA

View Full Version : What CISS & INK for Epson 1400?

kktdragon
22-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Has anyone got a recommendation for an Empty CISS suitable for dye sub?

I currently just ordered 600ml of XXXXX sub ink. Has anyone got experience with this ink or would recommend something else?

Thanks!

we do not discuss 3rd party inks on public forum. sorry.

Paul
22-12-2011, 11:26 AM
here is the best one you can get in my opinion: http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/ciss/epson/r1400/r-series/empty
r (http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/ciss/epson/r1400/r-series/empty)egards to your ink i would say ink is ink :) some of them are good and some of them are better. but on the end of the day is only ink. Problem is you cant print using this ink and have acurate colors :) as the printer must know how to mix the ink to give best results. every ink is diferent and every ink need ICC profile. without this your ink is just colorfull water iam affraid.
ALso by buying unsuported ink you left for your own when you get any trouble. All you have is this place :cool:

kktdragon
22-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the reply Paul, any profiles available? Should I trial and error or would a RIP be needed?

Cannot view any signatures as i'm under 10 posts.

Thanks

Paul
22-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Ther are some profiles available but for diferent inks. So colors wont be acurate any way. You would be better off to ask your in supplier if tjey provide profiles for theiy inks for your printer.no rip. Icc is what you need.

Paul

pisquee
22-12-2011, 04:13 PM
As each individual printer is going to be slightly different, and your prints also influenced by your transfer paper, then the only real way to get the best out of your set-up is to get a custom ICC profile made for your set-up. This doesn't cost much, and I would recommend it to anyone who takes their printing seriously, and wants the best results they can, whether it be standard or sublimation printing.
There is a seller on ebay (not me) who offers this service. If you search for "custom sublimation ICC profile" then you will find his service. I have used him for profiling my sublimation set-up, and found him very helpful, and quick.

Paul
22-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Thank you for those kind words ;-)

pisquee
22-12-2011, 04:57 PM
In saying all that, you may find the inks work fine for your work. So give them a try before splashing out on your own profile. Set your printer for its best matt photo settings, and see what the print is like once transferred/sublimated. It depends on how accurate you need your colours to be for the type of printing you are doing.
Altogether though, if you're using an ink you found cheaper than the usual £60 per 100ml per colour, and got them for a good price, then paying for a profile on top of your ink cost will still be a cheaper option.

kktdragon
26-12-2011, 02:14 PM
thanks for the advice, can't wait to start doing some test prints when I receive my items. Congrats to the great results i've seen on the custom icc on the other thread. looks really good.