PDA

View Full Version : black baby bodysuits

sarahjayne
05-01-2012, 10:42 PM
I finally got around to signing up with ralawise and had assumed they would sell black baby body suits (onesies) but I can't seem to find any.
Anyone know where I can source some without having to buy too many to start (thinking about 4/5 dozen to get me going).
thanks
SJ

mrs maggot
06-01-2012, 01:23 AM
you will be very lucky, most places dont think babies look good in black, took me ages to research mine.

sarahjayne
06-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Yea, it's white or flowery all the way - I wanted red and black, I can find a manufacturer but the minimums are just too high.
Back to the drawing board - I might try some bright colours if I can find them.

Paul
06-01-2012, 03:48 PM
how about dye the fabric youself?? I dont know if this is ok for babies but may be the option.

edit:

I found black babysuits in Poland for you. they cost £2.58 - VAT(23% in poland) as there is no VAT to pay when you importing from and to EU.
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2471/bodydzieciecegladkieb13.jpg

stuart
06-01-2012, 06:42 PM
try these i think they might do them
http://www.btcactivewear.co.uk/store/index.pl?submit=Search&Keywords=baby+children&Bool=1
stu

Paul
06-01-2012, 07:22 PM
try these i think they might do them
http://www.btcactivewear.co.uk/store/index.pl?submit=Search&Keywords=baby+children&Bool=1
stu

good idea ;)
£3.05
they also got some cheaper ones but out of stock ;(

sarahjayne
06-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys. Love the colours of those ones from Poland Paul, I might look into those again.
For now I've found short sleeved vests here - http://www.kidswholesaleclothing.co.uk/body-suits/388-plain-baby-short-sleeve-bodysuit-kwc6884d-red-and-black.html

Paul
06-01-2012, 09:40 PM
nice one! how much??

sarahjayne
06-01-2012, 10:23 PM
nice one! how much??
£19.50 a dozen

logobear
07-01-2012, 10:27 AM
I get mine the marks and Spencer seconds shop.6 mixed Colors for £5.
Unfortunately I cannot get them very often and buy everything when I see them.
I hate paying more for a tiny baby thing than for a full sized adult tshirt.

mrs maggot
07-01-2012, 10:38 AM
are your customers happy to buy something from you that you have bought from marks and spencers ? or do you relabel ?

sarahjayne
07-01-2012, 06:31 PM
are your customers happy to buy something from you that you have bought from marks and spencers ? or do you relabel ?

I've done transfers for friends using shop bought vests but not keen on the idea of doing them for retail. So I know what you mean Laura - not sure I'd ever have the patience to take the labels out and add another myself.
The ones I found supplies them blank but they do offer a label service, so I'm waiting for a quote for the labels - I did wonder does this mean I need to add washing advice as well?

mrs maggot
08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
i had some lovely woven labels made, but normally re-labelling comes in around 40p per item, but a minimum number of items, which can be the killer, for one particular event i did re-label, and had my label sewn in over the original gildan one, thus preserving the care label.

yes sarah im with you on that, i would not want to retail somthing from the recognisable high street chain, where people would say hang on thats a £2 babygrow being sold for £8

Paul
08-01-2012, 02:21 PM
yes sarah im with you on that, i would not want to retail somthing from the recognisable high street chain, where people would say hang on thats a £2 babygrow being sold for £8
I am with you on this one but...
if its mark&spencer then people may think "ohhh! quality item!" as quality is the thing that come to the head when people hear M&S. :)

ps. personaly i would preffer to sell and get for myself unbranded ones.

sarahjayne
11-01-2012, 09:14 AM
After a bit of pondering about labels, I've just ordered some iron in woven labels - they were only £6.99 for 72 and while they are a compromise from the fancy labels - it's a cheap and easy way for me to start. So if I change name or design I wont be left with 100's of redundant labels.

mrs maggot
11-01-2012, 09:50 AM
be very careful, on baby items there are rules about labels, as they cannot come off - ie must be sewn in, so that if there is a loose end there is no chance at all of the baby swallowing it. i would avoid putting around the neck area just to make sure and perhaps put bottom side of leg - inside when the babyvest is open. i know you will iron them in well, but please be careful with using iron on tags on any baby items

sarahjayne
11-01-2012, 09:57 AM
Back to the sewing machine it is then. Thanks for that - despite having raised the anklebiters I'd have never have thought of that one ;-) Sure I can use them inside bags or something.

mrs maggot
11-01-2012, 11:06 AM
alternatively have some name sheets made up with transfers one colour not that expensive, and will press straight onto the back of the sleeve, target will price them up for you they will be like a screenprinted transfer, simply press on, they are what i use for mine, i have them in white, if i am ever and very rarely pressing white, i normally cut a small outline in vinyl the same colour as the slogan and then press it onto that. In america there are even issues about where the vinyl is placed on the baby item, as some are worried about the baby coming into contact with the vinyl (yes seriously discussed on t shirt forum)

sarahjayne
11-01-2012, 12:55 PM
thanks a million - I'll look them up.

logobear
11-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I have used Tesco/Asda and M&S for blank baby gro's for years and never had any comment.
It is not the garment they are buying, but the personalisation. Everyone knows how difficult it is to get a blank anything these days, they are all spoilt with some naff little detail or another.
BabyGro's have really shot up in price over the last 12m or so, it used to be easy to get 3 for £1.25 or £1.50, now they are double that and a lot harder to find any stock.
I used to fill a trolley (or 2) when I visited, and we sold loads at 1 for £7 or 2 for £10. Now we are 1 for £8 and 2 for £12 and it is a harder sell.
Most supermarket babywear doesn't have any label anyhow, so no-one knows where it is from anyhow.
I agree about not using iron in labels, they will pull out, especially when boil washed with baby whites.

mrs maggot
11-01-2012, 02:11 PM
yet to find any without a label, most are tucked half way up as again its a legal requirement to have the detail on all childrens clothes asda for instance have the "george" with the item number on it, 99% of people know thats asda same with tesco, if you are lucky you can perhaps trim the end off, but unless you seal it will fray at the price for the company in leicester i would buy their blanks. Logo i sell for similar price as you, mine are "own label" as it were, recently did deal on 6 for a lady having triplets 2 designs she liked, wish more more multiple births in 2012 lol