PDA

View Full Version : a3 flatbed printer

mdr
06-01-2012, 12:21 AM
hello, i was browsing ebay at come across a seller printing on products directly from hes printer, hes using an a3 flatbed printer and he states hes the only one in the world who prints that way... i find that hard to believe, anyway does anybody know where u can get these printers from? i see a few home made ones on youtube but not sure, as anyone done a diy job on one?...

cheers

Justin
06-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Do mean mean a DTG Printer?

Paul
06-01-2012, 08:44 AM
Home made ones get they idea from exremly expensive dtg printers. So is not only ome on the world :-)

mdr
06-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Do mean mean a DTG Printer?

no mate, a3 flatbed printer, he was printing straight onto plasic products.

Andrew
06-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Thought that the DTG style (might be other brand) of printer does print directly onto plastic. Seen the flatbeds from the likes of Identify printing onto golfballs and lighters etc.

Andrew
06-01-2012, 09:54 AM
no mate, a3 flatbed printer, he was printing straight onto plasic products.

A link or picture might help work out which one you mean.

Paul
06-01-2012, 09:55 AM
yeah. dtg :) I think they got diferent bed style that you can change youself.

mdr
06-01-2012, 10:06 AM
cant find the exact vid i seenut here is a similer vid-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e35fKddgaRQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

hope the links works, as im on my phone at the min.

Andrew
06-01-2012, 01:45 PM
You should see several machines like this at the P&P show coming up. Many DTG machines double up this way as far as I know. I'm sure Identify had smaller compact units that would do a similar job. Don't know that much about the Direct Print industry though...... just always fancied a machine when seeing them at the shows.

mdr
06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
when and where is the show mate might be worth a butchers :-)

Andrew
06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
http://www.printwearandpromotion.co.uk/

26th - 28th Feb at the NEC

Trophex show is coming up in just over 1 weeks time as well.

If you have a look on that site you will find various links to flatbed and dtg printer suppliers.

mdr
06-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Birminghamis abit too far unfortunately :-(

mdr
06-01-2012, 04:04 PM
does anyone know where i can purchase one these primters ?

logobear
07-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Google print and promotion wear show at nec in late February every year.

mdr
07-01-2012, 11:08 AM
this was the exact printer, is it a garment printer or some sort of special printer?... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLBT64_bWp0

they claim the only one who prints like this in the world? i dont think so?...

i would love one of them printers!

Justin
07-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Birminghamis abit too far unfortunately :-(

For this sort of investment a drive up to Birmingham isn't that far at all :-)

mdr
07-01-2012, 07:35 PM
yeah ur right if i was loaded with money it would be worth a visit but aint got alot of dolla at the min, the person on ebay said one of those printers cost around 10k! f that! lol

daviddeer
08-01-2012, 12:33 PM
This is similar to many adapted Epson printers that have a modified carrier mechanism (usually home made). I have seen loads on U Tube but no retail sites as yet. Basically you pull it apart and rearrange the feeder mechanism to drive a board or sheet instead of the paper. Last year Mimaki brought out an A3 flat bed printer for hard substrates up to 50mm thick - the UJF-3042 at around £20,000. This was demo'd at sign and print and also at printwear and promotion. This seems to be the only small format printer for flat sheets. I think you'd be better off using sublimation coatings and a heat press with heat dispersion rubber mat to get a similar effect. Unless of course you want to rip old your clogged up Epson apart!

mdr
08-01-2012, 04:38 PM
This is similar to many adapted Epson printers that have a modified carrier mechanism (usually home made). I have seen loads on U Tube but no retail sites as yet. Basically you pull it apart and rearrange the feeder mechanism to drive a board or sheet instead of the paper. Last year Mimaki brought out an A3 flat bed printer for hard substrates up to 50mm thick - the UJF-3042 at around £20,000. This was demo'd at sign and print and also at printwear and promotion. This seems to be the only small format printer for flat sheets. I think you'd be better off using sublimation coatings and a heat press with heat dispersion rubber mat to get a similar effect. Unless of course you want to rip old your clogged up Epson apart!

yeah but the thing with sublimating using a press is ur limited on phone casees i really wanted to be able to sublimate blackberry cases aswell as iphones...

iv got an epson stlus sx200 thats not all that but may be worth pulling apart to convert it into a flatbed.... hmmm

Paul
08-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Not every epson is ok for that. Is worth to visot t-short forum loads of info there about those printers. And quite few lads there who actualy done it so they xan answer all the question...

mdr
08-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Not every epson is ok for that. Is worth to visot t-short forum loads of info there about those printers. And quite few lads there who actualy done it so they xan answer all the question...

cheers will av a look, i take it u meant t-shirt not short lol

Paul
08-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Sh*t! I am going to chuck this phone out the window any minute! :redface:

Yes! t-shirt buddy ;)

cardman
09-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Sh*t! I am going to chuck this phone out the window any minute! :redface:

Yes! t-shirt buddy ;)i just relized it yours phone that messing text up - when i got your pms i just throught u could`nt spell proper :)