PDA

View Full Version : New Mug Press, Was not Cheap.........but i LOVE IT!!

Traynor26
06-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi all, just thought id share me new mug press, yes it was rather expensive at €380 (Euro) but it was made right here in Germany and is solid!!!

I still have an older style one, but out here im doing more and more Beer Steins, large beer steins at that.............and i was slowly breaking my normal 'mug press' squeezing them in.

I have 2 heat wraps for it, standard 11oz and a large one that allows me to press 0.5l Beer steins.

Just thought id share :-)

Lee

smitch6
06-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Is that a mug or a stein in there?
as it looks like it is bigger than the wrap?

looks a nice solid piece of kit tho i'm jealous as i use a combi and keep thinking about getting a dedicated mug press but funds won't allow any new things at the minute :(

Paul
06-01-2012, 08:20 PM
looks good but as steve noticed its a stein or balnket wont cover full wrap. Also look great next to the toster lol ;)

@steve
there is nothing wrong with attachment mug press. I own one and useto had dedicated mug press. same as df1. there was no difrence at all in the finish so i decided to sell my mug press and stay with the attachment as is smaller and lighter ;)

Traynor26
06-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Thats a Beer Stein thats in there,

they are big, but i can print about 1cm from the handle either side..........which is perfect for me :-)

Here is a pic of the stein along side an 11oz mug, just to try and get some idea of size.

Paul
06-01-2012, 08:27 PM
then in this case it look like serious bit of kit! go on then!? how much?? :cool:

Traynor26
06-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Was not cheap Paul, it was €380 (£330!!)

But as i said, they love there beer steins out here, especially with my work, medieval nights etc, so the plan is it will soon pay for itself...................hopefully!!

smitch6
06-01-2012, 09:13 PM
ok let you off then ;)
yes expensive but as you say a good bit of kit :)

mrs maggot
06-01-2012, 10:53 PM
lovely bit of kit, you can see how large the stein is in the first picture, not really expensive when you take into account the build quality

Dunk
28-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Traynor, that looks great. Do you know where sells decent steins of that shape with an RN coating? Think the bikers would like them.

Cheers

Duncan

logobear
28-01-2012, 12:55 PM
I too am looking for honest simple steins, the ones we can get have unnessary bands and detailing, somtimes with a crazy handle too.
I recall Liberty in USA did a great glass stein a few years ago, never seen them in a long while, but somhow beer just tastes better when you can see it!