PDA

View Full Version : Pre cut paper for Mug Printing

Justin
21-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Something I've toyed with before has been cutting A4 paper down to the mug template size to save time when I come to printing a good size run. Conde have started selling pre-cut packs of sublimation paper.

The problem I found was getting the printer to feed such small sizes through but I believe the Ricohs can do this, possibly on envelope setting.

Anyone tried this succesfully? I'll give it a go when I get 5 min's. Could also do with a decent guillotine!

Justin :-)

John G
21-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi Justin,
Jeremy brought this up on the sign forum - he saw the conde paper and now cuts his sheets down. He was saying the Ricoh feeds it through no problems at all.

Cheers John

Justin
21-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Nice one. I wonder if it has to be on envelope? Will be giving it a go. I guess you don't save a lot of time in the scheme of things as it has to be cut in the first place but it would be good to have a pile ready to print.

Just need a supplier to start selling TruePix ready cut now!

Justin :-)

John G
21-01-2010, 11:44 PM
I don't think you need it on envelope setting - just adjust the internal paper guides but I will ask Jeremy.

I've got an electric powered "Ideal" guillotine, just send me the paper and i'll cut it to size no problem.

Cheers John

purpledragon
22-01-2010, 12:13 AM
getting anywhere with sawgrass and the rioch problem justin?
Brett

Justin
22-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Sawgrass are really working with me on this. They sent me a pack of Truepic paper FOC. I've carried out mutiple head alignments which has made a fair difference but overall I still have problems.
Just printed on my D120 and I prefer this to the 5050 which I don't think should be the case. Sawgrass are sending me software to check the printheads.

Electic powered guillotine? Now that is impressive! Great bit of kit if you do enough to justify it I guess. may have to send you a pack or 2 to cut up then! cheers ;-)

John G
22-01-2010, 12:36 AM
I use the guillotine to cut vinyl stickers, invites, paper, card etc.

Cheers John

AJLA
22-01-2010, 10:11 AM
I often use the custom settings to do this and use all sorts of smaller sizes of paper vertically. The D88 seems to pull them through fine. Shame it won't print fine at the mo.
Any idea of a price for this?

Justin
22-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Just had a go, 95mm x 210mm setup in printer page settings and also in CorelDraw. Seems to work fine :-)
Needs a little tweaking and better suited to designs that aren't full wrap.

John G
22-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Cheers Justin, I'll have a go this weekend.

Cheers John

JSR
23-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Just need a supplier to start selling TruePix ready cut now!
I'm not sure how that'd help, TBH.

I'd need different size pre-cut paper for regular mugs, steins, El Grandes, Fine China, and black single "patch" mugs.

One size don't fit all... ;)