PDA

View Full Version : Heat Press - What is your opinion

vex
09-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi I am a newbie, thus am looking at buying some equipment. Can anyone tell me if this press will be decent enough? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250923894076?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks guys.

vex
09-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Does anyone have any opinion on this machine? Is it good, decent, not worth the try?

mrs maggot
09-01-2012, 06:26 PM
see if corelgraph ship to malta they do with a lot of things now, its a generic press badged up by the people selling it so the same as many others, what are you planning on doing with it ? how many what size is it for a hobby or for a full time job ? answers depend on questions is it a good entry level press, probably, are there better on the market, yes, but you are in malta so i am not sure what shipping ads to it

cardman
09-01-2012, 06:30 PM
im new to all this but i seen a lot cheaper presses on ebay - the one above is quite expensive

Its area coverage is 38x38 and its Approximately £246.72

now i go ebay and find this for example : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T-SHIRT-HEAT-PRESS-MACHINE-TRANSFER-38x38-/370544243669?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56462873d5

for only 129 uk pounds

I presume both do same so why the big price difference...............

Justin
09-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Typical Chinese presses by the looks of it. As prev. mentioned, speak to Henry at Corelgraph, he'll do you a good deal if shipping is possible....and I don't see why not.

vex
10-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Ok, I will try contacting Corelgraph for a qoute. Shipping on the mentioned item is only €18.00 for Malta from Germany. Tought it wouln't be a cheap chinese one as it looks better quality. I don't want a bigger one till now as I am planning on getting a Ricoh gx e3300n. I work full-time but since my dad has a retail shop including a photocopy and printing bureau, I taught it would be a great addition to his shop and a lovely part-time for me. Planned on geting a mug press as well. Any suggestions please?

vex
10-01-2012, 10:31 PM
I contacted Henry but said that shipping of flat presses are quite expensive as they are very heavy. Thus not viable. Any other help please friends

Paul
10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
hmmm
you can ship abroad about 25kg for about £30 i think. not to bad imo.

bms
10-01-2012, 10:42 PM
hmmm
you can ship abroad about 25kg for about £30 i think. not to bad imo.

Depends where in the world your sending to though!

Paul
10-01-2012, 10:48 PM
i am about europe. but Malta is a island so this may put the price right up :(

mrs maggot
11-01-2012, 12:05 AM
i am about europe. but Malta is a island so this may put the price right up :(

lol, look before you post paul, yes its Malta so the costs are much bigger than that, or i am sure henry would have been happy to send

vex
11-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Can anyone please tell me where I can get a decent press (not too expensive) shipped over to me please? Thanks

sarahjayne
11-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Why don't you source a courier in Malta and find out the cost of shipping 25kg or so to you and then contact suppliers and say that you will arrange collection by a courier. Or try www.parcel2go or www.parceltoship - I do this when I want to buy from companies that don't ship internationally, all they have to do is parcel it up and stick a label on it - which many don't mind doing.

logobear
11-01-2012, 02:19 PM
I think 25kg is the very lightest of the presses available.
We have always used ADKINS - brilliant pro presses, but they weigh in at about 65kg, but, - if you are going to do somthing, do it properly.
I suspect you should inquire of shipping companies within Malta, find one that brings stuff in, then find cost of press supplied to the importers base, everything has to come into an island, find out how others do it, and piggyback.

sarahjayne
11-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I think 25kg is the very lightest of the presses available.
We have always used ADKINS - brilliant pro presses, but they weigh in at about 65kg, but, - if you are going to do somthing, do it properly.
I suspect you should inquire of shipping companies within Malta, find one that brings stuff in, then find cost of press supplied to the importers base, everything has to come into an island, find out how others do it, and piggyback.
I wasn't thinking straight - what I meant was I get approx weights and arrange a courier as it is often cheaper than using DHL or whoever direct.

vex
11-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi managed to stumble on these heat press providers. Anyone has any opinion of them? They don't look crap.

Justin
11-01-2012, 10:42 PM
I've merged these threads together Vex. Have you spoken to Coralgraph or any courier companies?

vex
11-01-2012, 10:49 PM
I've talked to Coralgraph but they can't ship me the heat press or a combo to Malta as he said they are very heavy, and so am having trouble. I can only find Ricoo in Germany that will ship to Malta at a decent price. But I don't know what the presses are if they are good or not? Still a newbie and wish to make a good choice

accdave
11-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Ace Apparel used to be called Joy's. Personally wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, bought my first press off them and customer service was non-existent when it went wrong

bms
11-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Can anyone please tell me where I can get a decent press (not too expensive) shipped over to me please? Thanks

What type of press are you looking for and when do you need this? We have a couple of new presses arriving in mid February that could be offered at a competitive price including shipping to Malta. We will have a 38cm x 38cm clam action press or a 30cm x 38cm swing away press - would these be of a suitable size? If so then I'll see what delivery costs might be.

Justin
11-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Have you looked into importing from China yourself? I did this a few years back, pretty painless and a good price.

vex
11-01-2012, 11:37 PM
but are chinese presses any good?

Justin
11-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Budget you're working on you'll be hard pushed to find anything that isn't Chinese! Most are fine, the one I bought was an auto release, cost me just over £200 including shipping to UK. It worked a treat. of course you take your chances and support is difficult but you'll not be sending a faulty one backwards and forwards to the UK very often :-)

4binlids
13-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I have a 26 year old Adkins press - one of the big ones as I print a lot of A3 transfers. Never replaced anything on it or spent a penny on it from the day I bought it new. Absolutely fantastic machine. A year ago I was offered one that was about 6 years old, been used twice and looked like the day it was taken out of its box. It was absolutely pristine. The only difference in design was it had a digital timer opposed to manual. Everything else about it was the same. It does exactly what it was designed for and brilliantly. I guess what I am trying to say is that another alternative to a new chinese import is a reliable second hand machine (Adkins/Xpres?Magic Touch). I also don't like clam shell presses. I like the swing aways as I find it easier to place transfers without having to work under a great big hot platten! I often print 4 bags at a time and just find placement so much easier with no restrictions.

Also be mindful or warranties etc. I'm currently looking for a mug press and have been horrified that a couple of sellers offer no guarantee or warranty - shows me a lack of confidence in their product!

Good luck and I hope you find a press

vex
13-01-2012, 11:36 PM
thanks for the help. should you be able to find a good mug press please let me know. thanks