PDA

View Full Version : Screen Printing Required

Bob700
09-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi
I have been asked to do 20 t shirts which will require screen printing, I can only do spot colours, the customer will supply the T shirts and I was wondering if any of you screen printing guys could give me a quote

Thanks Bob

accdave
09-01-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't do screen printing but I'd be interested to see what they say about this. I've asked a couple of screen printers about similar images and they wouldn't touch them. Might be better asking stitch Up about DTG

Ian M
09-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Speaking as someone who used to be a screen printer, that would have to be printed using 4 colour half tone process & not may screen printers would touch it. The best way to do these would be to use DTG so, best speak to Stitch Up.

mrs maggot
09-01-2012, 09:35 PM
most also wont be happy with the customer supplying their own shirts either, a bit like taking a steak into a restaurant and asking them to cook it for you and serve with a side order and only pay for the side order

AdamB
09-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Yeah - always a problem doing printing on customers own garments. Yeah, the profit may be a little higher but there's no room for error if you can't replace the item if things go pear shaped.

I have kittens everytime I put numbers on a football shirt!

Stitch Up
10-01-2012, 12:06 AM
If the artwork is good Bob, we could DYG print them. BUT, the choice of shirt really does influence the final print quality so it would be best if we supplied the shirts. We often screw up too and, as has been said, that's a pain when the customer supplies the shirt! We ensure the customer is aware that if we do screw on one of their supplied shirts, they take the hit! If we screw on a shirt we supply, it goes in the bin and we supply another - customer doesn't pay for our mess-ups.

John@stitch-up.biz