PDA

View Full Version : Heating press Element required ADKINS

cardman
12-01-2012, 11:49 PM
This is in regard to this thread :

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?3751-Mugs-not-printing-correctly-(pics-included)/page5

I brought a mugpress and since getting it can not print full mugs only text in middle as the press mustnt be heating up proper
I contacted the seller and he agreed to pay for new element if can find one.

Ive checked ebay and all can find on there is another one for sale : (full press not element) (see link below)
Does anyone know of any source where i could get the heat blanket from as the press is just gathering dust and i want to be using it.
Ive tried Adkins website and filled in the contact sheet but no reply from them at all regarding my query

Surely somewhere out there must a seller who sells these machines and any spares that are needed for them

Anyone got any ideas where :)

this is exact press i have - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XPRES-MAGIC-TOUCH-ADKINS-BETA-MUG-CUP-HEAT-TRANSFER-PRESS-PRINTER-/120842028954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c22bf079a

except mine dont work :(

All help appreciated as at moment can only do cups with text in middle as they seem to come out kk if i keep away from the edges

in the guys description he says : NB: This mug press is XPRES branded, but is similar to a magic touch, Adkins branded beta mug press.

accdave
12-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Have you rung Xpres ?

This is in regard to this thread :

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?3751-Mugs-not-printing-correctly-(pics-included)/page5

I brought a mugpress and since getting it can not print full mugs only text in middle as the press mustnt be heating up proper
I contacted the seller and he agreed to pay for new element if can find one.

Ive checked ebay and all can find on there is another one for sale : (full press not element) (see link below)
Does anyone know of any source where i could get the heat blanket from as the press is just gathering dust and i want to be using it.
Ive tried Adkins website and filled in the contact sheet but no reply from them at all regarding my query

Surely somewhere out there must a seller who sells these machines and any spares that are needed for them

Anyone got any ideas where :)

this is exact press i have - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XPRES-MAGIC-TOUCH-ADKINS-BETA-MUG-CUP-HEAT-TRANSFER-PRESS-PRINTER-/120842028954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c22bf079a

except mine dont work :(

All help appreciated as at moment can only do cups with text in middle as they seem to come out kk if i keep away from the edges

in the guys description he says : NB: This mug press is XPRES branded, but is similar to a magic touch, Adkins branded beta mug press.

cardman
13-01-2012, 12:02 AM
u know something - no i aint as i only went to the adkins site
I will try them tommorow but going by their site i dont see the same machine for sale.

http://www.xpres.co.uk

accdave
13-01-2012, 12:06 AM
They might not sell the machine now but it's possible they either have elements in or can get one

Justin
13-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Try ringing A Adkins direct, I've had a couple of spares from them before, good service.

Paul
13-01-2012, 12:07 AM
but they may have loads of spares in the warehouse ;)
you never know. worth to give them a shout!

pisquee
13-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Definitely phone them. We have an old Adkins Omega 8000 - we called them for details on it before we bought it, and spoke to a guy who knows them well because he used to make them. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

cardman
13-01-2012, 12:24 AM
1st thing in morning will phone both companies and let u know outcome

heres hoping anyway or means i need to find new cup press .....................

cardman
13-01-2012, 01:04 PM
well what do you know,seems problem is now solved - cheers all
Rung Adkins and spoke to fiona and part is now paid for and will arrive mon/tuesday next week
Cost for the new part was 67.38 (nearly half price of a new mug press so lets hope it lasts a while)

Paul
13-01-2012, 01:58 PM
not the cheapest but i am sure this part will serve you LONG LONG time now ;) little tip though... :rolleyes:
When heating up your press ALWAYS keep dummy mug in it ;) so your heat element will last longer ;)

btw. send this invoice to the seller. I am serious!

Ian M
13-01-2012, 03:11 PM
I've just fitted a new blanket to my mug press & works a treat. Mine isn't an Adkins but, can't go wrong for a new blanket for just under £25. :biggrin:

cardman
14-01-2012, 11:29 AM
well ordered it yesterday and it arrived this morning.
Just gotta open case and fit new one in.Hows that for quick service.

btw. send this invoice to the seller. I am serious!
i spoke to seller yesterday and he said he will pay the money back for the heating element but not heard back from him as yet
will let u know if he turns out to be a good or bad guy

thanks for help everyone

cardman
14-01-2012, 02:39 PM
well defo good guy

just recieved payment from the seller for the heat element.All worked out well in end.

Paul
14-01-2012, 02:41 PM
well done. wish all sellers on ebay will be like that! dont forget to leave decent feedback ;)

logobear
14-01-2012, 03:43 PM
with an Adkins you have definitely got a superior press, you cannot compare it with a cheapo on fleabay
Blanket life will be 1 year / 1000 mugs on most presses, but what you pay for is quality thermostatic controls so consitancy in end results.

JSR
14-01-2012, 04:26 PM
well defo good guy

just recieved payment from the seller for the heat element.All worked out well in end.
Perhaps you should post a link to this seller's ebay page? That way everyone will know that he's a reliable seller.

cardman
15-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Perhaps you should post a link to this seller's ebay page? That way everyone will know that he's a reliable seller.
Think he already a member here : but here goes :

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/stott226matt/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Deffo a top person as not many people would care to help once they sold it.