PDA

View Full Version : Just figured out why cups are called WOW

cardman
15-01-2012, 03:29 PM
because when u see the price you go WOW (how much)

im talking about color changing cups - quite expensive really when compared to other cups.

AdamB
15-01-2012, 03:33 PM
because when u see the price you go WOW (how much)

im talking about color changing cups - quite expensive really when compared to other cups.

It depends how you sell them.

I always tell the customers that they'll say WOW when they see the examples I have when they change colour to see the image ................ they do, and don't say WOW when they see the price but purchase.

If you have a market for something buddy, and you advertise and promote it well enough it will sell itself - the price is not even in the equation providing it's affordable and is something that someone wants.

swimwivsquid
15-01-2012, 03:59 PM
They are our biggest seller and people are "wowed" by them when you demo them.

John G
15-01-2012, 06:13 PM
Just figured out that all the time you where calling them CUPS, you actually meant MUGS :wink:

JSR
15-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I stopped doing WOW mugs awhile back when I couldn't get any decent quality ones. They were always invariable rough and messy around the bottom rim (where it sits on the table). I tried several suppliers but none of them were of a consistent quality - almost as though they were all selling c-grade ones or something.

Have they got any better these days?

swimwivsquid
15-01-2012, 07:54 PM
I stopped doing WOW mugs awhile back when I couldn't get any decent quality ones. They were always invariable rough and messy around the bottom rim (where it sits on the table). I tried several suppliers but none of them were of a consistent quality - almost as though they were all selling c-grade ones or something.

Have they got any better these days?

Yes they do vary. I had some from BMS & Listawood which have been fine but recently have been sourcing from the States as its closer to us here in Grenada and one supplier sent me some really superb mugs, almost like orca mugs but with a Wow coating, whilst another supplier sent some really awful mugs that had bad coating with dust and hair embedded. I now stick with the one supplier. We have found them to be our best seller as the novelty factor seems to sell them by themselves.

Paul
15-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I bought some mix of mugs (all from xpres) of eBay couple of months a go. and there was about 10 wow mugs in the box. under the mugs was "TAMS MADE IN ENGLAND" How lucky i am?? :wink:

btw. bottom of the mugs was wow coated too. as i had rely bad ones that where coated only on sides.

http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/205d0d1be9678b8182458eb99239af374d443817ba9356feb8 87dbab24798f3b4g.jpg

JSR
15-01-2012, 11:36 PM
I had a good sample one from Coralgraph, but can't seem to find them on their website at the moment.