PDA

View Full Version : Sublimation Mug printers needed for help on a large job

daxus
15-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Hi there we are looking for quotes from 1 or 2 companies to help us with a large job offer
the job requires printing a full wrap on our mugs (10 0z sublimation mugs)which would be supplied so the quote is just for the printing work
we are looking for 20,000 mugs to be printed, the design is on a white background and requires the image is printed very level so the image on each side matches
we estimate we would need the mugs done within four weeks and the process must be sublimation
If there are any printers out there that think they can help us with this job please msg me we would be happy to split the job between printers if needed
we would be looking for a sample of the work before we commence as the standard must be very high
There is a possibility this work may continue
Many thanks

mrs maggot
16-01-2012, 02:12 PM
listawood, or other commercial mug printers would be my choice

pisquee
18-01-2012, 01:16 AM
This post inspired me.
Although we are mainly focused on our own work, we have a good studio set-up, and our hope was to provide some printing services to other artists, and to try and do a few other bits and bobs. Had not really thought along the lines of doing 1000's of mugs, but this post made me think, and knock up a quick spreadsheet to work out how many mugs we could churn out in a week with varying amounts of hours per day, and varying amounts of mug presses - i.e. if we wanted to do the job in a week, how many mug presses would we need to get in to turn it around, and/or would we need to hire in extra bodies etc etc.
Don't think we're ready to do this kind of job yet, but interesting thought for the future.
And, then, I would have no idea how idea how to price a job like this, to get a nice profit for ourselves, and be in-line with what would be an expected quote ballpark.

Tim
18-01-2012, 03:38 AM
I can do this job for you no problem, send me some of the blank mugs that you intend to use along with the graphic and I will run off some samples along with a quote.

Andrew
18-01-2012, 10:07 AM
This post inspired me.
Although we are mainly focused on our own work, we have a good studio set-up, and our hope was to provide some printing services to other artists, and to try and do a few other bits and bobs. Had not really thought along the lines of doing 1000's of mugs, but this post made me think, and knock up a quick spreadsheet to work out how many mugs we could churn out in a week with varying amounts of hours per day, and varying amounts of mug presses - i.e. if we wanted to do the job in a week, how many mug presses would we need to get in to turn it around, and/or would we need to hire in extra bodies etc etc.
Don't think we're ready to do this kind of job yet, but interesting thought for the future.
And, then, I would have no idea how idea how to price a job like this, to get a nice profit for ourselves, and be in-line with what would be an expected quote ballpark.

Many of the larger suppliers move to conveyor ovens but you can get a large volume through with just mug presses as you mention. The number of people becomes more the issue really, especially if the large runs come in now and then and there isn't continuous work. Getting that balance right is the hard bit as presses are quite affordable now compared with a few years ago. I timed it before and 1 person flat out can hit 60 an hour with a standard print. If the print is a bit harder to do then it can get dropped to 50 or even 40. I think 50 an hour is most realistic overall as if your printing day in day out then the pace drops off.

John G
18-01-2012, 10:32 AM
1 person flat out can hit 60 an hour with a standard print

Is that with a large scale oven or with heat press. If its a heat press I cannot see how you'd get 60 done an hour!
Even if you did get 60 done an hour, working 8 hour days, 7 days a week, your still not going to hit the target of 20,000 in 4 weeks, especially as your going to loose days sending samples back and forth!

If you're spreading the work between lots of a different printers I think you'd have an issue with the mugs matching too - one persons timings and printer might offer a completely different colour print to another.

Good luck with this order, but I just cannot see it getting done in time.

Andrew
18-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Is that with a large scale oven or with heat press. If its a heat press I cannot see how you'd get 60 done an hour!
Even if you did get 60 done an hour, working 8 hour days, 7 days a week, your still not going to hit the target of 20,000 in 4 weeks, especially as your going to loose days sending samples back and forth!

If you're spreading the work between lots of a different printers I think you'd have an issue with the mugs matching too - one persons timings and printer might offer a completely different colour print to another.

Good luck with this order, but I just cannot see it getting done in time.

The 60 an hour was in direct response to Pisquee's post and looking at printing volume. The 60 was tried and tested a few times and not in an oven. 20k is a different scenario but easily achieved if set-up for it, like I said it comes down to the number of people. We could comfortably get through 1500 a day as we are set-up for that level. Moving it to 2k or 3k is just manpower issue for a quick fix.