PDA

View Full Version : Anything new in dye-sub field?

signrik
22-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Its ages since I came on here and have not done anything with syesub mainly because of the feel of 60% scratchy materials
But I have been making tees with cutting with my graphtec and preesing but limited to one or two coloured vectors working mainly designing and cutting the designs and giving them to a framing shop near by who have a market in retro and rock/pop tees

I would love to print full colour I have two epsons with bulk ink and am going to try to clean the heads tomorrow
I have wondered if there has been any improvment in the last year that I have not realised I have always thought if we could mix dye sub with "vinyl" ie put the vinyl on to a cotton tee and then dye sub it after on to the vinyl base and wondered if anything like this has been sorted

bms
23-01-2010, 09:17 AM
There is something called a sublimation preparation paper which you press into 100% cotton t-shirts. This infuses a polymer into the t-shirt and it can then be transformed into taking sublimation inks. The prep paper leaves a sticky feel to the t-shirt but you press this flat and then press the sublimation image as normal. There is a small colour loss on first wash but after that it's fine.

It called Softee Prep Paper in Canada and available from http://www.tropicalgraphics.ca/

Click on the link on the left hand side and you can review a couple of instruction guides. We had this in stock a few years ago and it was reasonably successful.

signrik
08-02-2010, 09:59 PM
That sounds good but the site says "Softee Prep Sheet is a great product that enables you to sublimate to 50/50 cotton/polyester shirts. It gives you the image durability and a soft touch you always wanted to have with your imaged fabrics.
so its still the awful Poly feel for me I have designed a few tees that I can not vectorise some nice designs but who wants anything other than cotton having said that this is a subli forum so there must be a market I bought a second Press a smaller one and it heats uP a lot quicker than the the adkins but it came with four binbags full of Poly tye tees and I should try them
I am looking at the Printer again trying to work uP to sorting it out Profiles head cleaning etc