PDA

View Full Version : Craft Robo & Subli Flock

accdave
21-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Does anyone actually cut circles in subli flock using a craft robo ?

No matter how many times I've tried I can never get it to cut a true circle. Tried it from the Robomaster software & Corel Draw.
The same circle cuts fine in vinyl

mrs maggot
21-01-2012, 03:02 PM
that sounds as if it has issues tracking it then, and why it will work well with normal vinyl. is there a way you can release the pressure on the roller a bit to allow for a thicker material ??

accdave
21-01-2012, 09:14 PM
that sounds as if it has issues tracking it then, and why it will work well with normal vinyl. is there a way you can release the pressure on the roller a bit to allow for a thicker material ??

Not aware that you can change the roller pressure on the Robo, looks pretty fixed to me. Just occured to me I have the garment flock, I'll try it on that and see what happens

Paul
21-01-2012, 09:46 PM
i think this is not about rollers. it maybe about media (flock in this case) not loaded straight enough. I got this same with my big cutter sometimes and had this same with my little robo. it need to be very straight loaded to get decent cut.

AdamB
22-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Not aware that you can change the roller pressure on the Robo, looks pretty fixed to me. Just occured to me I have the garment flock, I'll try it on that and see what happens

You can change the pressure on the robbo within the control panel you use (in the generic software).

When I have flock or anything I just change the screw tip to the (red one I think) one that allows the blad to stick out longer (3mm if I remember) and then whack the pressure up to full. Do a test cut first to make sure it's cutting and then 'bobs your uncle'.

If the problem is tracking though this may be either a tracking or sticking problem which I have only ever had once with an off cut of vinyl (never used the source, just had an off cut) and for some reason the blade kept sticking and slipping - changing the vinyl solved this.

TipTop T's
22-01-2012, 09:38 AM
I don't know if it helps but when I first started doing Subli Flock I found a way that works for me. After printing the Subli-Flock I use an A4 sheet of thin plastic (originally TMT's Poli-Tack Application Tape) and place the Subli Flock (including the backing sheet) on this before putting it through the craft robo. It keeps the flock in position and using the pink top and the pressure of 33 it cuts fine. To keep the plastic sheet tacky I use repositional spray adhesive every now and again.

I've cut all kinds of shapes, including circles, and print to the Craft Robo directly from CorelDraw.

AJLA
27-01-2012, 09:11 AM
I also use the redor pink tip on the blade with max pressure and slow the speed down. I don't use it a lot as it's only on one of my shirts but its quite small and works ok.

Earl Smith
27-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Have/can you changed the Blade?? For normal vinyl its a 45° blade, for Flock its 60° . This allows it to rotate easier in the thicker material.
Earl

accdave
29-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Have/can you changed the Blade?? For normal vinyl its a 45° blade, for Flock its 60° . This allows it to rotate easier in the thicker material.
Earl

The CR doesn't have that option.

Going to try and do a real slow cut this week if I get chance, see if that works