PDA

View Full Version : Hi Viz Vests?

edwardsmedia
21-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Anyone know any Hi Viz Vest Suppliers?

I keep having people ask to buy them. But for some reason today i had someone email me asking can i beat a quote of 1 Hi Viz Vest, As you do i said ok. I shall inbox you back with a price.

He got quoted £6.00 + £1.50 P&P = £7.50

Now.... I asked him for the link to the supplier/people who quoted him. Still no reply...

I can pick up a Hi Viz for £2.59 for a 5 pack deal. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Pack-Orange-Hi-Vis-High-Viz-Visibility-Vest-Waistcoat-Jacket-Safety-Work-Size-/130583260842?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&var=&hash=item641ff89fc0#ht_1044wt_1163

S (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-Pack-Orange-Hi-Vis-High-Viz-Visibility-Vest-Waistcoat-Jacket-Safety-Work-Size-/130583260842?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&var=&hash=item641ff89fc0#ht_1044wt_1163)o the price of the Hi Viz is £6.00
- £2.59 = £3.41 for the Vinyl then the rest is profit? Id be looking at around £1.00 profit from that max i would say? really i don't feel its worth it for one hi viz.

Using Xpres Vinyl.

What are your thought?

Where can i pick up Hi Viz Vest for a good price?
How much would you charge for Hi Viz Vests?
Any other tips?

I am new to all this i will say. Im 18 years old! from South Wales, I have all the Xpres kit. Heat Press, GX24 Cutter, Mug Press, Corel Draw X5.

But im finding it really hard to price up my t-shirts, hi viz, and anything to do with the cluttering machine! haha im not sure why. any help would be fab! thanks.
As for the Sublimation i think i have that all sorted :)

cardman
21-01-2012, 09:07 PM
not much to be made on them high vis jackets unless u can get a cheaper source.
Tshirt or high vis - dont matter what u put the design on - it still cost the same so charge about 8 quid
Also tshirt prices can be higher depending on what sort of tshirt u putting it on.
Put it this way - i would pay 10 pounds for a design i like on a decent tshirt.

letsgo
21-01-2012, 09:22 PM
you could subli the vests depending on colour of print wanted but try looking at mdp for the vests and flex or how about ralawise or btcactivewear for vests.
also your flex cost seems high for amount of text you would possibly be putting on,you shouldnt need that much.
Why not just go down to B&Q or workwear shop buy single vest places like wilkinsons sell them for a couple of quid.
As for pricing up have look on target transfers there is a calculator you can down load

Ian M
21-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Thomas, I will second what Gary says in going to somewhere like B&Q etc to keep costs down.
One thing you have to ask yourself is is it worth doing just one item & hardly make anything on that single item. Well, from experience it can be worth a punt because it could bring in other work. It's never easy when you first start out in business & sometimes you just have to take a punt as that punt could lead to more work. Just put yourself in that customers position & then ask yourself if you would be impressed that someone has gone & made just what you wanted. I know if I was that customer I would tell other people & that is when it pays off as word of mouth gets around about your business. Remember even if you just make £1 profit it is better than making nothing. Good luck.

edwardsmedia
21-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone i have taken your comments on.

Business is pretty slow right now. How is it for you lot? :)

As " Letsgo " said i found some Hi Viz here. £1.39 each? ex VAT i would guess. But you have to spend over £100. Still not bad. have anyone else ordered from them before? (LINK BELOW)

http://v2.io8.co.uk/cidcep6j8qmiw/index.pl?submit=View_ITEM&sfn_spc=HVW100&sfn_colour_code=HVO

(http://v2.io8.co.uk/cidcep6j8qmiw/index.pl?submit=View_ITEM&sfn_spc=HVW100&sfn_colour_code=HVO)

smitch6
21-01-2012, 11:37 PM
somewhere like pound land MIGHT have them?
we have a cheap shop called QD here and they sell hi-viz adults for £2.49 each

accdave
21-01-2012, 11:43 PM

Poundland ones are like tissue paper, might be worth sticking them on ebay for 1p though :)

smitch6
21-01-2012, 11:44 PM
true but the cheap shop ones are good :)

edwardsmedia
21-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Just found out the business dry subs them for £6.00.

So no worries. Dry sub is alot cheaper than Vinyl? so no wonder!

Even so i did see someone selling Hi Viz for £10.00 on Ebay. (That is Vinyl)
So with that link of £1.39 each on Hi VIz on the yoko one's that should mean a tidy profit.

accdave
22-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Just found out the business dry subs them for £6.00.

So no worries. Dry sub is alot cheaper than Vinyl? so no wonder!

Even so i did see someone selling Hi Viz for £10.00 on Ebay. (That is Vinyl)
So with that link of £1.39 each on Hi VIz on the yoko one's that should mean a tidy profit.

Presumably you mean Dye Sub. You have a mug press so presumably you do dye sub ?

edwardsmedia
22-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Whoops! Dye Sub* Yep i do have a mug press, and also do things like coasters, mouse-mats
So will look into doing Hi Viz the Dye Sub way.

Thank you! :)

DS Designs
22-01-2012, 06:45 PM
absolute apparel used to do them for 99p ex VAT, but now about £1.40 ex VAT gone up a fair bit :-(

Scotty@BMS
25-01-2012, 11:28 AM

We sell them at £2.38 including VAT.

Mughal
31-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Hi

What's the quantity you require?

Cheers
Jawad

John G
31-01-2012, 12:59 PM
I'll print them for £7.49 to include delivery & vat
Beat him by a penny :biggrin: