PDA

View Full Version : DF-180. No Power

R.Prints
24-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I have just purchased a second hand DF180 mug press which stated it didn't hold temp and may need new heat blanket. When I plug it in all I get is the light on the on/off switch, no display showing. Have opened it up and checked all conections are inplace so presume it is going to be something in the circuit boards. If anyone has had this problem or has a solution please let me know. Also an idea of the repair cost would help. :(
Thank You
Ray

John G
24-01-2010, 11:37 AM
How do you know its not the blanket?

R.Prints
24-01-2010, 11:43 AM
I don't. But if it was just the blanket then I presume the display would still light up and operate.

John G
24-01-2010, 12:02 PM
I could be wrong here but if the blanket isn't warming up then there must be a break in the circuit - this inturn would mean the display won't light up. Best bet would be to get a friendly sparky (mates rates) on the case and check everything out.

Cheers John

purpledragon
24-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh dear dont like the sound of this hope you didnt pay much for it.
i may be wrong (and i often am) but if its just then heat blanket that has gone and i have a machine with such a problem then the display would indeed work it would just show 0 degrees tempriture or at least room tempriture anyway. as far as i know the clock mechanisam in the circuit boards does not depend on thje heat blanket working so if nothing else ou should still have a timer that works . As i said dont take it as gospel and im sure theres gonna be someone who says ahhh but the DF has a safty feature i hope they do but i doubt it
sorry
Brett

John G
24-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Good answer Brett - buggar, shows how much U know. :lol:

purpledragon
24-01-2010, 12:43 PM
it takes years of practise to be this good..........shame i only started last week

John G
24-01-2010, 01:13 PM
:lol:

bms
25-01-2010, 07:16 PM
The DF180's will still have an LED display if the heat blanket has gone. You would be able to set the temp/ time settings but it wouldn't heat above the room temperature.

If the display isn't working then the blanket might be okay but the PCB inside might be at fault. Unusual for the PCB to go faulty as I've not come across this before.

PCB's cost around £50 +vat. We might have new ones of these but would need to confirm that ours are exactly the same. Can you upload a pic of the front and inside of the press?

valentine rhodes
27-01-2010, 09:28 PM
val rhodes,
does it make any difference which way you put a mug in mug press.Base upwards or base downwards? how many prints can you get off a sublimation paper.

purpledragon
27-01-2010, 10:48 PM
1 paper = 1 print i wouldnt try using the same one twice the result wont be good. As for putting a mug in upside down as long as the heat blanket covers the area to be printed on you it shouldnt matter what way it goes in.
Im guessing from your questions you are new to sublimating, i would advise yhou have a good read throught his forum and ask questions before you make all the mistakes us more experianced sub printers have
Brett

R.Prints
31-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Problem fixed. After buying the DF180 which didn't work atall when it arrived I gave it to a local lecky to look at. End result is it is now working, cost of repair £30, he replaced a transformer I think he said. Info might help someone out in future.
Cheers
Ray

Karen.
31-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Only just seen this. Glad it is sorted now. When it left here the only problem with it was that it was not holding the temp. I had been speaking to Martin at BMS about it and he thought it may be the heat blanket if we had the temps right on it. If it was a case of no display etc it would have been sent straight back by us in the first place. The displays were working fine.
Would the problem he found have resulted in going from just lack of holding temp to no display?