PDA

View Full Version : Lovecut - Any Feedback ?

accdave
24-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Has anyone bought a heat press off them ?

My heat press is on it's last legs so just looking around and they seem quite competitive. Typically things go boobs up in January when it's quiet :(

Traynor26
24-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Not had any dealings with with heat presses per say, but I have tried to order other stuff from them on 3 occasions since Xmas, and every time my money has been returned with just 'out of stock' in the comments box,

Thier prices are very good, just hope they get some stock in soon,

Lee

John G
25-01-2010, 12:01 AM
I've bought mugs off them three times before xmas - once through ebay, twice direct. Seemed OK but they did say their stocks of mugs were running thin. The presses looked OK for the price.

Cheers John

purpledragon
25-01-2010, 02:22 PM
I put an order in yesterday for some stuff from here ive tried to contact them today to confirm the order but im getting no reply from their phone number it just keeps ringing . Im getting a bit worried now ill keep you informed
Brett

Traynor26
25-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Had the same thing, i had an email from him on Sat saying that they had a problem with thier phone line and that he would not have any mugs in stock for nearly 2 weeks,

Lee

purpledragon
25-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Finally got through to them my new press is in transit it looks pretty good micro coil platern the lot looks pretty heavy duty too at a bloody good price so im waiting for the catch. I will let you know how i get on
Brett

AJLA
25-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Why not buy the European Mugs from BMS ? I think they are a 10oz, plenty of stock and consistently nice and straight, at least i've never had a problem with them.

bms
25-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Just had a few [new] customers reporting problems to us of not being able to get through. One was a School that placed an order and nothing happened and the phone lines just continued to ring (about 10 days ago). Another was a customer who ordered mugs before Xmas and just had funds returned without a delivery which caught them out a bit (also had difficulties getting through on the phones) and another that bought a cutter and couldn't get support on the software. I know there prices are keen, but not so sure about follow up support. We probably only hear the bad news though.

European Mugs from BMS I think they are a 10oz
They are 10oz in weight yes, but very similar in size to 11oz (the European mugs are a couple of mm shorter in height - 92/93mm tall European v 95mm tall on 11oz.

accdave
25-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Finally got through to them my new press is in transit it looks pretty good micro coil platern the lot looks pretty heavy duty too at a bloody good price so im waiting for the catch. I will let you know how i get on
Brett

Although I prefer to deal with suppliers I've dealt with before, I too have taken a chance with them. I was tempted by Martin's press with the interchangable bases but really want swing away because it's what I'm used to.

I got a TNT tracking number within 30 minutes of placing the order which gives me some confidence. Lets see what tomorrow brings :D

Justin
25-01-2010, 07:36 PM
My concern would be support. The presses do look to be very good value but if anything goes wrong would you be able to make contact quickly and get it resolved?

I never underestimate the value of having someone available whether it be on the phone, email....or forum!

I've never personally dealt with the company but I have read similar comments on other forums. You do find people only post the bad things though, not many folk post to say how good companies are :-)

Paul
25-01-2010, 07:55 PM
You do find people only post the bad things though, not many folk post to say how good companies are :-)
yep. this is tru. so please keep us informed so we know for future if is worth to buy anything from them. I like those Big "swing away" press for £350. http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/14/48/50/36/heat-p10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=14&u=14485036)

whitch one you bought purpledragon?

purpledragon
25-01-2010, 08:17 PM
You do find people only post the bad things though, not many folk post to say how good companies are :-)

I dont entirely agree there lets face it whilst you are right customer support is important i think its only fair to see if there are complaints first before assumptions are made and lets face it BMS gets some pretty good reviews on this forum deservidly so (ok martin dont get to smug) so there aare good reports about suppliers as well as bad . I thought it was pretty bad that i couldnt contact them and to be honest i was getting a bit nervy but hey i got my tracking number and hopefully my new press will be here and be a good un. Cheap is normally associated with crap but going on that theory i wouldnt have bought the mug press off BMS recently i lbought it as a back up and now use it as my main i like it so much. As for out of stocks i did order some make up compacts from them also and guess what out of stock so they do have issues that need resolving.

Paul i bought the big beast i think its the one you posted a pic of it does look pretty substantial so heres hopeing, ill let you know how i get on
Brett

accdave
25-01-2010, 08:31 PM
I bought that one too. Just hope it's a workhorse and not a donkey :roll:

purpledragon
25-01-2010, 10:09 PM
well if they turn out to be donkeys at least i wont be alone lol

Paul
25-01-2010, 10:24 PM
but even a donkey can pull :) just a bit slower :P

purpledragon
25-01-2010, 10:34 PM
not if its got 3 legs http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_rabbit.png

Justin
25-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Then it wouldn't be a donkey...............it would be a wonkey! Sorry.....

accdave
25-01-2010, 10:42 PM
but even a donkey can pull :) just a bit slower :P

I want it to push not pull :D

Paul
25-01-2010, 10:51 PM
horse wont push... :P

purpledragon
25-01-2010, 10:57 PM
ok if these jokes get any worse frank carson will join the forum

purpledragon
26-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Ok so a stable box turned up outside my house today and out walked my new machine ok so it was trollied out by the tnt delivery man .

initial impression well packaged in a wooden crate in other words i think its direct from china and unopened but i might be wrong but hey even the chinease can make good stuff too you know.
the instructions with it are a bit weird as they have been translated.
the power lead has a 2 pin plug which im pretty sure contravines the laws govening electrical goods but again its a small point i had a spare one it did have 3 spare fuses i hope thats not a bad sign.
construcion seems pretty sturdy though its not the press as shown in pauls picture exactly the same aprt from the colour mines all black ..... sexy huh
i tested it with a transfer thats been giving me problems with my old press and it worked a dream i also tested it on sublimation transfers again worked like a dream. tomorrow ill be testing placemats on it as they give me lots of problems also. If i have got one complaint its the system for increasing and lowering the pressure its on some sort of strange under the bed system which i thick will prove a little awkward especially if you need to increase or decrease pressure half way through a run as the bed gets hot obviously seems a bit of a design flaw there but nothing my botchit up mind cant sus im sure.
all in all it seems pretty good though time will tell. Ill keep you all updated .
ACCDAVE has your turned up yet? have you sussed out how to alter the timer it took me a few minutes before i gave in and read the instructions
Brett

accdave
26-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Same gripes here, 2 pin plug and the pressure changing system. Had to ring up about the pressure altering because it says it's a screw under the handle, there is no handle as shown in the instructions:D . Was soon resolved by the phone call though. I think I dropped the pressure too much because it was pressing hoodies well but not enough on t-shirts. Trying to put the pressure back up is difficult so I used a pad, which I'll probably stick to now.

The temparature setting on mine doesn't have a set button. trial and error was used.

Seems okay so far. Not had a new press before and certainly not one so big so hard for me to compare against one of the branded ones.

Biggest problem, getting the damn sides of the crate :D

purpledragon
26-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Is you pressure adjustment underneath the bed ? thats where mine is i have to screw the coller round as i move the bed back n forth as for the crate already the wifes thinking about what ity could be used for i did have an idea but id have to drill her some airholes lol
regarding the temp button is yours a seperate display with an up and down and set pad? its a bit strange i have to close the press to set the timer using up or down set the timer then waiot while it flashes for 8 seconds the timer is the set at whatever time you wanted until you need to change it again
Brett

John G
26-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Looks good - whats the construction like, does it look as if it will stand the test of time?

I bought a clam style press years ago and its still going now. On off switch went after about a year, easily bypassed, but the temp/time seems accurate enough for my needs.

Please let us know how you get along with it.
Cheers John

Paul
26-01-2010, 08:34 PM
great job guys! can you also let us know what size of platens you own and how long does it take to warm up up to 19 - 200C from cold?

thanx guys agin!

Paul

accdave
26-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Is you pressure adjustment underneath the bed ? thats where mine is i have to screw the coller round as i move the bed back n forth as for the crate already the wifes thinking about what ity could be used for i did have an idea but id have to drill her some airholes lol
regarding the temp button is yours a seperate display with an up and down and set pad? its a bit strange i have to close the press to set the timer using up or down set the timer then waiot while it flashes for 8 seconds the timer is the set at whatever time you wanted until you need to change it again
Brett

Sounds like we have twins :D

I reckon I'll stick to various thickness of pads rather than keep fiddling with it.

Took me a while to figure out you had to have the press closed to set the time.

Paul it says in the instructions it takes 15 minutes to get up to 200c. I never timed my old one but that seems quite lengthy ?

purpledragon
26-01-2010, 08:49 PM
platern size 58cm x 38cm
heat up time around 10 mins
Build is fairly sturdy the base looks like its been recycled from a cast iron bed bewarned this is definatly a 2 man lift
it has to be said that ive only tried a few things so far but soime transfers i was failing miserably at are now applying great so i guess thats not a bad testiment.
Brett

purpledragon
26-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Blimy your instructions are more detailed than mine lol

Paul
26-01-2010, 08:53 PM
thanks guys! 10 min is not tot bad I think... I think I need new press :D

purpledragon
26-01-2010, 09:02 PM
how much is a finders fee nowadays lol

accdave
28-01-2010, 11:32 PM
From another thread Karen posted about Victory Designs, I noticed the heat press is on there known as the easipress

http://www.victorydesign.co.uk/products/name/easipress-new-heatpress-swing-head-16-24/product_id/epswing

Glen
27-02-2010, 01:09 PM
I got the 16x24 press and touch wood no problems yet tho the top case was damaged a little when it arrive..not in the post tho as the box was not damaged but could not be bothered sending it back as its only superficial..

purpledragon
01-03-2010, 12:26 AM
ok update on the press
so far so good its pressing quite well i did have a bit of a hitch though, a large circlip that is attached to the bottom of the swing pillar, popped off and as it was weakend it came off evertime i used the press after bputting it back on. i took a bit of a radical fix i drilled a hole through the swing pillar using a screwdriver as a pin now problem solved not ideal but works. Beware though you do pay for what you get the press is working fine but its not without its issues

John G
23-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Might be in the market for a new press - just wondering whether the ones bought from love cut are still upto the job, especially for sublimation work.

Cheers John

accdave
23-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Mines been okay so far ( if you've jinxed it I'll be looking for you :D )

On reflection I would have liked to have had a bit more money to spend and gone for something with changeable bases. I got the big press and some things I do struggle with when I need to get things over the base ie Polo Shirts

John G
23-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I've got a clam style press which I think is on its last legs. I've used it for pressing vinyl onto t'shirts but yesterday I tried sublimation onto hi viz vests with loads of problems. It was taking 2 minutes @ 200 - half of the print looked fine but the bottom half was very faint. Checked the pressure at it seemed OK all round so it must be the heat plate as when I pulled the vest further up and pressed again it worked fine. So I had to do the run in 2 presses per vest.

Do you use your swingaway for sublimation printing and if so is it a good print all over. Have seen this too but not sure whether to go with joys or lovecut - does this look better built than yours?

http://www.jsm-distributordirect.com/

Cheers John

Sorry - forgot to add model number:
MODEL ACE-PF-HTP3838SA

accdave
23-03-2010, 06:54 PM
So far I've done t-shirts and mousemats on the new press with no problem. T-shirts have been all A4 so far, will have to try A3 soon.

Personally I wouldn't touch JSm with a barge pole. First press I got was a combi press from them. Don't think it lasted 3 months and the support is chronic.

purpledragon
25-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I agree i went with joys originally and the press literally blew up id steer clear.
Brett

John G
25-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Hi Brett,
Is your lovecut press still pressing well on sublimation work - last thing I want to do is replace a press with another one thats crap at pressing sub work.

Cheers John

purpledragon
27-03-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi John
the press is working great , it hasnt let me down on anything so far the only issue ive had is as ive described in my last but one post in this thread.id read that first before you decide.
Brett

John G
27-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi Brett, Thanks for the feedback - I remember you saying that the circlip needed to be fixed and that you get what you pay for. I think aslong as the hot plate is flat and the pressure the same alround then i'm willing to take a chance.

Cheers John

purpledragon
27-03-2010, 11:30 PM
as regards the platern etc its been working great. idid forget one thing the system for raising and lowering the bed there by the pressure is pretty daft to be honest you have to raise or lower a coller on a large thread under the bed and when you have used it a few times it does get hot under there.i dunno how clear that is you have my phone number give me a ring if you want me to try describe it verbally
Brett

John G
27-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Hi Brett,
Cheers for that - think I understand. It should be OK as for what i'll use it for I won't be adjusting it mid run.

Cheers John

Mattie
08-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Had nothing but bother with lovecut. ordered a package deal and waited just over 4 weeks before i got everything delivered. I had same problem with phone i had 3 numbers and they never seem to answer any of them.

Paul
08-06-2010, 11:13 PM
I ordered some vinyl. emailed them with my order number and name etc... I asked them if they can tell me what I bought coz You can not see your basket or items you bought in the passed. email support very quick. but when I actualy said that I think they messed with my order ie. sent me wrong amount of vinyls saddly email conntact stoped :( after 1 more email I gived up. never buy from them again.

but must say that parcel arrived 2 days after order.

Glen
09-06-2010, 05:02 PM
I have to be the lucky one then and have ordered a couple of items in the past and had in a couple of days..but they were bought for a certain job and they do it perfect and i knew before hand that you only get what you pay for and was willing to take a chance.. ;)

pipesy
05-07-2010, 06:06 PM
I've ordered twice from them in the last month and both times i've had an email 'sorry out of stock'. can't believe how many have had the same!

purpledragon
05-07-2010, 11:38 PM
i think its fair to say they have supply issues

fredster
05-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I Bought 2 cis empty systems from them and both wont be accepted by three different printers theyre supposed to work on ... contacted them so many times ...i give up
the only reply i had was them telling me how to empty the ink out that i put in them ..nothing about if or what they were gonna do about them being useless for anything except a bleedin ornament ...
shame because they are in sheffield where i live and i couldve saved on postage for stuff but theyre not getting anything else from me ..u learn the hard way i guess.