PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Mug Template

cardman
23-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Someone wanted a Mug of Liverpool so designed this one out of stock photo from google and then added the Liverpool Logo to both sides.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX photo removed XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Justin
23-01-2012, 10:46 PM
I do hope you have permission to reproduce that from LFC......I wouldn't want to mess with them :-(

cardman
23-01-2012, 10:58 PM
personal to friend

John G
24-01-2012, 09:31 AM
template is free to Change Name/Color/Design
I'd still take it off the forum - your asking for trouble regardless whether its for a friend.
Cheers John

mrs maggot
24-01-2012, 10:54 AM
John G is right, if that comes up in a google search, it will come to the forum, and then it will also be Justin who gets in trouble, all of those things are a no no, esp with the full logo on. Cardman you do need to be careful, i know you will say there are 100's of football things on ebay, justin beiber, twilight etc, but they are cracking down on them and the penalties are high

cardman
24-01-2012, 11:21 AM
the picture posted above was just a picture and is classed as FANART - the template to the pic was not added to the post
Its only illegal when u try to sell it or claim it as the real thing.I printed it on a mug for personal use.
I know what u saying but i never even comtemplated selling it on ebay or anything like that.

logobear
24-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Cardman,
you are walking on thin ice, If a no win no fee copywrite firm see this they will go for you like a terrier and you will pay to get rid of them.
There are some horror stories, and no one can afford to defend themselves even if they are in the right!

JackB
24-01-2012, 11:49 AM
You would really have to watch out as Liverpool will be in a really bad mood when they lose to Man U at the weekend.:smile:

Jack.

John G
24-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Especially when Carroll fails to score again :wink:

cardman
24-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Cardman,
you are walking on thin ice, If a no win no fee copywrite firm see this they will go for you like a terrier and you will pay to get rid of them.
There are some horror stories, and no one can afford to defend themselves even if they are in the right!
The pic been removed now so no problems there but theres no thin ice on making a picture - its only when u try to sell it.
As for man united i done their template as well and man city all in the same design (look quite nice when printed off) - no one can complain at what i choose to put on my own cups for personal use.
I wont be posting any more pics - not worth hazzle :)

Ian M
24-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Paul, even though you don't think it you are walking on very thin ice indeed. Please heed the words from the people who have commeted above as these people have a wealth of experience in these matters.

To give you some idea of what can happen in regards to having permission then this is what I had to go through a couple of years ago. I had a club that is just for vintage London Taxi Cabs & they wanted a few mugs printing with their own photos of their own taxi's & you'd think they would be no worries regarding copyright wouldn't you. Well, you couldn't be wrong because we had to get permission from several companies who now hold all the rights to the names, designs etc simply because the London Taxi's are such an iconic part of London history.

That Liverpool mug of yours well, what do you think would happen if you made it gave it to a friend who then decided to sell it through Ebay? The legal eagles would soon come after you & then you'd have a lot of questions to answer & would probably be hit by a big legal bill.

Please be vey careful.

Andrew
24-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I think he gets the point. I knew as soon as he posted it he was going to get jumped on.

Perhaps we should have a thread sticky on this type of thing to help others avoid getting on the wrong side of the forum. It's happened a few times before with the same response and I am sure will happen again as it's common practice with many. Save people getting put in an awkward position.

It was a nice design by the way Mr Cardman. Liverpool actually sublimate their own named mugs in-house with a DomGlobal mug press.

cardman
24-01-2012, 04:04 PM
cheers Andrew

As for copyright tbh i never even throught of it - until seen all the replies here.
Im sat on me lonesome making a friend a Mug (for free) - and just throught would share the template see what others thought of it until seen the reaction it caused.
As for him selling cup on ebay even though i done it him free - i highly doubt it as its got his big ugly name across the front - so how many `Andy S` do u know that support liverpool and happen to be on ebay looking for a cup with same initials :) - none - chance be 1 in million if not more

JSR
24-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Its only illegal when u try to sell it or claim it as the real thing.I printed it on a mug for personal use.
It's worth bearing in mind that "copyright" is about the "right to copy" - it's not about the "right to sell". You would be infringing copyright even if it's just a mug for you and it'll never leave your kitchen.

I'm not saying this to preach, just to clarify. Many people erroneously think it's okay so long as they don't sell it, but that's wrong. "Copyright" is about the "right to copy", and you would need permission to copy whether it's for sale or not.

I don't think anyone replied here to cause you hassle. We just wouldn't want you to get hauled across the coals for doing something with the best of intentions.

cardman
24-01-2012, 05:25 PM
yeah is fine JSR - i moved on since this and took everything onboard.
Cheers to all for the comments