PDA

View Full Version : Printing problems D120

25-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Hi there
I am very new to Dye Sub printing. I have a new business printing my artwork onto placemats and puzzles. However i have gone through so many blank placemats because of constant problems. I followed the printer settings PDF closely to set up the print preset in Photoshop. I create my artwork in Illustrator, then open it in Photoshop and make i sure i use the Dye Sub preset. The print is coming out really stripey, the edges not sharp and loads of speckles everywhere! I have already changed some of the designs from white backgrounds to full colour, which i dont like so much and will use more ink, because on the white background i was getting yellowy patches. I have already had to change the whole print cartridge unit because the tubes kept getting tangled up and actually managed to snap off the ink level reset chip. I am thoroughly miserable with it all and am just desperate for some help! Martin from BMS has helped me with stuff before, but i couldnt get in touch with him, so please contact me if you can help!
My printer is the Epson D120 with the Continuous ink system.

purpledragon
25-01-2010, 05:56 PM
HI
you do sound in a pickle feel free to give me a ring 01437 765612 if i can help i will.
It sounds like some of your problems could be due to slightly blocked heads this would give a stripy effect
Brett

bms
25-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Hi Michelle,
Have you performed a nozzle check first to make sure your nozzles are clear before going to print? The stipe effect will be down to a blocked nozzle and there's no point in printing first before this is sorted.

If you're the Michelle that is local(ish) to us then please call us at the office and we can make a time for you to call round with the printer and easyflow system to get this sorted out for you (if you're using a laptop then you could bring that as well to make sure everything is correctly configured).

Michelle J
28-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks for your help guys!
Martin - I would love to come over so you can help me with it if you dont mind. I didnt want to take up anymore of your time, but i would really appreciate it. I've left you a message at the office, so pls call me back on 01425 612461 when you get a chance to sort out a time.

Thanks!

Jules
05-02-2010, 11:19 AM
I too have a D120 and the heads always need about 3-4 cleans if I haven't used it for a few days. Does anyone know if it wastes a lot of ink doing head cleans? Thanks, Jules

bms
05-02-2010, 11:31 AM
You do use quite a bit if ink everytime you do a head clean - if you watch the yellow tube you can probably see ink being drawn through.

Georgestreets
26-03-2011, 08:15 AM
I have been having red light probs with the D120. A bit useless me thinks.