PDA

View Full Version : Bargain Gone Bad

Bob700
24-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi
I recently bought a hotronix mug press from ebay and it looked a real bargain but even using the manual I cannot get the thing to reach the right temp, I am awaiting a response from the seller but I was hoping someone could give me a clue of what may be wrong with it, if it was a cheap easy fix I would try to come to some sort of arrangement with the seller

Thanks Bob

4binlids
27-01-2012, 03:45 PM
I was outbid on that! Listing implied it was immaculate and in full working order so I hope you get it sorted.

Bob700
27-01-2012, 10:58 PM
I got frosty responses from seller but I've sent it back, he says he will check it out and return it if he can't find a fault, if he returns it an ebay dispute will be my only course of action, it looks a good quality press but it is far from immaculate and certainly not in full working order

Stitch Up
28-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Make sure you communicate through the eBay system and NOT directly. Ebay WILL NOT accept details of any communications if done directly.

Bob700
28-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Yes any communication is being done through ebay, I've tracked the press and city link successfully delivered it on 27/01/12 so I'll give wait and see what he says

cardman
28-01-2012, 09:45 PM
hopefully he may fix or sort the problem for you.
I just come though the same experience as you about 2 weeks ago except mine worked out as the guy who sold it me payed me for buying the actual new part i needed.Some good people out there (just a shame the bad ones make it worse)
Best of luck

Stitch Up
28-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Hi
I recently bought a hotronix mug press from ebay and it looked a real bargain but even using the manual I cannot get the thing to reach the right temp, I am awaiting a response from the seller but I was hoping someone could give me a clue of what may be wrong with it, if it was a cheap easy fix I would try to come to some sort of arrangement with the seller

Thanks Bob

Hi Bob,

How do you know it's not getting up to temperature?

Bob700
29-01-2012, 09:56 AM
I have the manual for it and there is an idiling temp set at 93c which is supposed to be adjustable but it's not when I try to set the printing temp to 180c it only gets up to 100c, the settings that I adjust to are supposed to save in the machine when it's switched off but they don't, the timer goes back to 2 seconds when I switch the machine on and it goes back to 93c idiling temp. By holding down the temp up and down buttons at the same time the machine should revert to factory settings, all lights should go on to show that it's back to factory settings but like everything else on the machine it does'nt happen, I've spent a lot of time on the machine trying to get it working but there's clearly something wrong and I don't think it would be easy or quick to put right.