PDA

View Full Version : Two tone and coloured inner mugs

Dunk
28-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Hi all, am always looking but never finding a source of coloured handle/rim/inner mugs with an RN coating. He reason being that Ive tried Orca etc mugs and darent sell them. Every time my dishwasher starts to strip the image on any coating but RN on the first wash. We do have very hard water here so maybe thats why.

Some people sell "double coated" ones, but two coatings of rubish is still rubbish.

Anyway I have some ideas for the coloured mugs that I think could sell well - so would welcome any sources.

Also has anyone tried mugs from P&M glass coat http://www.photomugsdirect.co.uk/? They offer to coat any mug but have their own coating.

Many thanks in addvance

Duncan

logobear
28-01-2012, 01:01 PM
I have used ORCA coatings for years and never had any problems, I did some tests 4 years ago, and they are in daily use at home and must have been dishwashed at least 5 times a week for 4 years. there is no visible fade or change, thou I don't have a virgin original to compare with (who does?)

John G
28-01-2012, 01:03 PM
On their site it says they buy the mugs from John Tams Group - thought they went out of business years ago?

Paul
28-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Same as john. I hought there is no coating company based in uk...

John G
28-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Think there's a rabbit off on this one!

Andrew
28-01-2012, 03:49 PM
They do coat in the UK (or atleast have done recently) but they obviously have their site out of date. They deal in volume really especially on coating.

Orca coating is decent and shouln't have problems.

Dunk
28-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the comments. The orca ones I tried were from Listawood, first wash, white spots appeared and then grew, no way I'd supply to a client.

Ian M
28-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the comments. The orca ones I tried were from Listawood, first wash, white spots appeared and then grew, no way I'd supply to a client.

I'd have been straight on the phone to Listawood because there is no way on this earth they were 'orca' coated mugs. I have used the 'orca' coated mugs lots of times in the past & have a stock of them now from another supplier & never a problem with them at all. In fact I would go as far as to say they have been the best mugs I have ever used.

As for Photo Mugs Direct, many moons ago I was buying really good mugs from someone selling them on Ebay & they were in Aylesbury too. It just seems such a coincidence & if it is the same person well, their mugs were superb.

cardman
28-01-2012, 10:41 PM
cant comment on dishwasher stripping off the cups as only dishwasher i have is called the W.I.F.E and she handles the cups well :)
As for your cups with different rims/handles etc try ebay as seen loads advertised on there.
You will have to read the description though to make sure they upto your specification.

JSR
29-01-2012, 05:14 PM
When I did my mug torture test, one of them was Orca coated (from Revolution Transfers), and it survived the test almost as well as RN & Coralgraph. In terms of the actual coating, Orca survived as well as RN & Coralgraph. Orca should easily survive many domestic dishwasher cycles.

There was a question over Listawood's Orca-coated mugs a while back. Despite their own tests proving that Orca-coated mugs were good for dishwasher use, Listawood advertised them as "hand wash only". I always presumed that was so they would make their own "Duraglaze" mugs sell better, but maybe there's some other reason why they downgraded their Orca-coated mugs?

Today they don't seem to call them "Orca", they call them "Budget" mugs. So perhaps they aren't Orca-coated at all any more?