PDA

View Full Version : How personalize a pot ?

Vica
31-01-2012, 04:53 PM
I am brand new here, don't have any knowledge just that I read here in the forum and the Internet. Tyred to search answer to my question but didn't find yet, so I need your help, please

How to sublimate a plant pot? :confused: I just like to put something in one side. Do I need to buy an oven and a wrap , but its a bit time consumingisnt it? 20 min? Or is it possible to use the cap press as the cup press is too small. Or if I purchase a quadratic pot can I press on it with a t shirt press.

Any ceramic pot will do or I need to purchase a special one for that job?

Thanks a lot

mrs maggot
31-01-2012, 08:06 PM
vica, everything you wish to decorate needs to be suitable for sublimination, mugs, pots, moneyboxes etc

for a plant pot i would paint it.

you need to understand sublimination, perhaps have a look at the BMS website or Xpress or any of the others for an understanding of sublimination will help

bms
31-01-2012, 10:46 PM
I am brand new here, don't have any knowledge just that I read here in the forum and the Internet. Tyred to search answer to my question but didn't find yet, so I need your help, please

How to sublimate a plant pot? :confused: I just like to put something in one side. Do I need to buy an oven and a wrap , but its a bit time consumingisnt it? 20 min? Or is it possible to use the cap press as the cup press is too small. Or if I purchase a quadratic pot can I press on it with a t shirt press.

Any ceramic pot will do or I need to purchase a special one for that job?

Thanks a lot

I think I would be inclined to print onto water slide laser decal material. This is clear and you'd print full colour onto it, place in water to remove the backing and then place it on the pot. Allow to dry and job done.

Justin
31-01-2012, 11:09 PM
vica, everything you wish to decorate needs to be suitable for sublimination, mugs, pots, moneyboxes etc

for a plant pot i would paint it.

you need to understand sublimination, perhaps have a look at the BMS website or Xpress or any of the others for an understanding of sublimination will help

Is that like sublimation or is it a new method of printing? lol :tongue:

mrs maggot
01-02-2012, 01:20 AM
lol - justin its been a very very long week - and its only tuesday