PDA

View Full Version : Look what I WON on eBay :)

Stitch Up
28-01-2010, 08:02 PM
What you think of this EBAY (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220544166463&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:GB:1123)

AJLA
28-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Looks like a good lot...but did you et it for a steal?

Justin
28-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Price looks very appealing to me :D

Good luck with it John!

Paul
28-01-2010, 08:35 PM
well done mate! more t-shirts for me soon ;)

chongsta
30-01-2010, 05:38 PM
"Selling due to upgrade have had this printer for 2 years had white ink system installed by YES embroidery and printing services approx 1 year ago."

I was considering buying one of these but i changed my mind...

http://auroral.co.uk/tag/yes-ltd/

Good luck with it if you win John.

Dave.

Stitch Up
30-01-2010, 06:06 PM
But then?

Well, look HERE (http://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa?messageID=1208387187&#1208387187)

purpledragon
30-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Blimy John you really threw the cat amongst the pigeons with that post lmao i think a couple on that forum missed the point of your post .
Shoulda asked here id've told you
No he cant do that
yes its a legally binding contract though would it be worth pursuing?
definatly leave him bad feedback as seller he cant give you bad feedback anyway.
And complain like hell to ebay that this joker is breaking rules
bad luck m8 i was jealous as hell when you won it but i wouldnt have wished that on you
Brett

Stitch Up
30-01-2010, 08:02 PM
PITA :)

Although I buy a lot on eBay, I can't pretend I know the rules or even read them :

I was so excited when I won the auction, I really thought I'd got a bargain and was so looking forward to collecting it. Of course, it was to good to be true.

I've never left bad feedback before but in this case and because of the abusive messages I received from the seller, I did.

I only went on the forum to gauge opinion and it's gone to 2 pages, hahahaha.

The fact the seller breaks eBay's rules doesn't mean he's broken civil law - as has been pointed out in the forum. Of course, what's the point of starting legal action? I'm not going to get the printer, just a whole lot of grief.

I still like the idea of a DTG printer but the retail price is just crazy!

John

Stitch Up
30-01-2010, 08:10 PM
"Selling due to upgrade have had this printer for 2 years had white ink system installed by YES embroidery and printing services approx 1 year ago."

I was considering buying one of these but i changed my mind...

http://auroral.co.uk/tag/yes-ltd/

Good luck with it if you win John.

Dave.

That is a very interesting link you posted. I haven't read it all yet, BUT, I have had a sneaky suspicion that the seller on eBay and YES Ltd maybe one and the same!

There were 2 DTG printers for auction on eBay, both from the same seller. As anyone whose been looking for DTG printers on eBay will know, they are far and few between. Quite coincidentally, the same 2 printers are for sale on the YES LTD site! Strange that.

castlegategiftcreations
30-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I think that YES are showing at the P&P show again this year. I remember speaking to them last year and not being impressed with them.

After reading some of the comments about them, I will definately be avoiding them this year.

John G
30-01-2010, 10:40 PM
As a screen printer I can't understand the problem here - you want printing on the cheap and thats what you'll get - cheap crap prints. Buyer beware!

chongsta
31-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Hi all,

Blimey that ebay thread went crazy, although its always the same really, you get lots of people thinking they know it all and then there are those who miss the point.

It might be worth dropping a line to the guy that wrote the blog post about YES Ltd, just to see if he hasmore info. I certainly wont buy from them. It might be a bit narrow minded to go on a blogpost but i think the guy and everyone else are not wrong.

DTG is expensive, the technology is still a good 2-3 years away from being a 'one button' operation, and when it does we'll see a huge explosion of t-shirt shops etc. These machines need knowledge of printing from the user. If you did get it, then for sure it was a bargain, but for 6k you may as well saved more pennies and bought new mate. Although it seems warrantys mean nothing to YES Ltd anyway. I wonder of the parent company are aware of the problems!?

Im still on the hunt for a chinese machine, yes theyre a lot cheaper but theres one machine that seems to be quietly singing its own praises. Its a flat bed printer that does white on colours and normal prints on white garments. Ok, if it doesnt goto plan with the colour tshirts, itll do a fine job on the whites and at an average of £10 per shirt, itll only take 300 to pay for the machine. My frames supplier is chinese himself and hes doing all the talking to this company, ive arranged for about 6 tshirts to be sent back to me with various colour charts and designs on them, then we'll see! stay tuned.

Bad luck on the printer mate, i wouldnt force the issue, you wernt meant to have it i say. Bad seller all round for doing that.

Dave.

Stitch Up
31-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Yup, no point pressing the issue, the guys a PITA. Move on.

Interested in you Chinese find - what you got?

John

chongsta
01-02-2010, 01:48 PM
aha! that would be telling lol

More like, i dont wanna say anything until Ive got more credible samples to play with but rest assured Ill let you know. Im not impressed by the U.S and E.U pricing on DTG when quite evidentaly there are so many problems with them.

Many people hark on about cheap chinese and for a certain amount theyd be right. Im seeing people pay £10,000 only to end up with problems. For me a 10k machine should be fully roadtested and de-bugged...also make the coffee! :)

However im willing to take a punt on 3k, and if it doesnt work well on colour shirts then i still have a printer that does work on whites, stone, ceramic, metal, etc etc...even bloody golf balls :):) so 3k aint that much really.

It all depends on these sample i get from them. Ill let you know.

Cheers
Dave.

Stitch Up
01-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Good stuff.

The present cost new is crazy and to turn a profit on the capital outlay would take years and that's before you factor in maintenance costs.

Keep me informed.

John

Tris
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Haha John have you taken a look? He tried to sell it again on ebay again it looks like he has tried to pull the same stunt and got another negative feedback!!!
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=storm1304&&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Stitch Up
07-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Don't think it is the same one - I bid and won the HM1 the other was a Kiosk and the bidding finished 1 hour before the one I bid on.

I believe both printers are for sale by YES CLICK HRE (http://www.yesltd.co.uk/subcategory.asp?sid=70) but I can't be sure.

I have tried to contact the other purchaser just to 'compare notes'.

I'm still invesigating the DTG printing market.

John

Tris
07-02-2010, 01:06 PM
well Ebay run a 3 strikes system if both of you complained then he is in trouble now Lol

Stitch Up
07-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Ebay are like banks, totaly greedy. They just want to rake in the fees and won't strike people off if they're making money for them, unless they commit a criminal act.

Karen
29-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi Folks

Am new here, but just noticed this thread & if anyone is interested I have a DTG kiosk for sale. Has a brand new print head and works well (although its not under warranty - 3 years old and hardly used). I was going to stick it up on ebay today but somehow got distracted through to this thread somehow! Reason for sale is we just don't have time to use it & its just sitting gathering dust. I run a busy retail shop with printing on the side and 99.9% of our customers just want "words on a shirt" so our Roland is far more profitable for that than the DTG. We are in Croydon so if anyone's interested then give us a buzz on 02086867730 or google Time Bomb Croydon. All sensible offers will be considered and you can give it a try out in the shop before you commit.

Cheers
Karen

Justin
29-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Hi Karen and welcome to the forum! Please take 5 mins to introduce yourself in the New Member Intros section.

Pretty sure you'll get some interest on here for the machine but may be a good idea to detail it in the for sale section as well.

Justin :D