PDA

View Full Version : latte mug template

Paul
02-02-2012, 11:33 AM
if any one is having a trouble to print on them you can try this template with window cutout for picture. is bend a bit so should look more realistic on latte mug.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5871/3latte.jpg
you can download it for free here:
http://www.frames4photoshop.info/shop/free-templates-to-try-/free-latte-mug-template/prod_22.html

Paul
03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
no one doing them really??! I only had 2 downloads for them :)

JSR
03-02-2012, 12:26 PM
I did a sample of one many months back, but it was such a hassle to warp the photo that I didn't bother to go investing in the equipment and mugs required to do it as part of the business.

If I had a few more mugs, and either a wrap or the right mug press, then maybe I'd look into it further.

Paul
03-02-2012, 01:25 PM
what was the most difficult part J? I am planing to get wraps for both larger and smaller and have a play with them. I think they look so much nicer then standard mugs

smitch6
03-02-2012, 04:05 PM
i will admit they do look nicer but as JSR said to warp the image to make it look right is a nightmare
the 1st one i did it took 3 attempts and that was even after printing the image on normal paper etc and holding it against the mug

i just done quite a few for a coffee shop and i hated every bit of it
horrid things lol

maybe it would be good if there was an action script for it that done it all for you lol

JSR
03-02-2012, 04:17 PM
what was the most difficult part J? I am planing to get wraps for both larger and smaller and have a play with them. I think they look so much nicer then standard mugs
It's mainly the warping of the photo to get it to look right on the mug. If there's lightweight software (free) around that makes it easy to warp the photo, then I'd be interested in trying again. Otherwise, not.

I don't need to know if it can be done if I pay a fortune for Photoshop, or if it can be done by going through a million menus on snail-slow GIMP. There needs to be a simple piece of lightweight software to do the job.

printchesco
03-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Looks like a design made specifically for Valentine's day. I think the reason it's not having too many downloads is that making your own mug isn't really as appealing a prospect as simply buying a mug with a cool design. Perhaps a link to a tutorial in customizing mugs?

Andrew
03-04-2012, 10:41 AM
I agree with JSR and co......... they are a nightmare to work with. The taller one's not quite as bad but the short one has me pulling my hair out. We've got a larger run of these going through within a few weeks as it's the first time I've weakened when being asked for this mug style and am already daunted by the printing task from both the design and the print side. If I can't get this one going smoothly I'll never bother doing them again. Last chance saloon for this style.

mrs maggot
03-04-2012, 11:09 AM
i do quite a lot of these, BUT i dont put photos on them, just normally the name/logo of the coffee shop/pub they are for.

i use the set up with the degrees marked out, as per a conde video i think i found, but would hate to try and warp a photo/do a full wrap, as if you are even a couple of degrees out they look terrible

JackB
03-04-2012, 11:48 AM
i do quite a lot of these, BUT i dont put photos on them, just normally the name/logo of the coffee shop/pub they are for.

i use the set up with the degrees marked out, as per a conde video i think i found, but would hate to try and warp a photo/do a full wrap, as if you are even a couple of degrees out they look terrible

Was it this one?

http://youtu.be/eDKodX1gWmo

Jack.

mrs maggot
03-04-2012, 01:20 PM
yep thats the one Jack, i use Conde videos for a lot of stuff, great, clear and concise to follow and some good music too lol