PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice...please

ART DISCO
02-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi,

I'm after a bit of advice/opinions on which press is best/most reliable on the UK market,

I need around a 40x50 heat press or bigger, preferable clamshell (but doesn't matter too much) heat press which will be a super reliable work horse. I've had a Chinese press before which is now not working properly and has left me up poo creek :(...so I now want to upgrade to a professional level machine that can handle a high volume of t.shirts being put through it on a daily basis. I don't need bell and whistles, just something I can depend on.

Here's a few I've seen which look quite good to me...(but I don't know too much about heat press!)

Geo Knight DK20
Xpress XP7006A

Any advice or suggestions would be really helpful as I need to buy one asap!

Thanks,
Lucy x

John G
02-02-2012, 05:37 PM
The Xpres kit I've used in the past has always been good quality.

Is it for transfers or screen printing?

ART DISCO
02-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi John,
it would just be for screen printing.

John G
02-02-2012, 05:52 PM
I've got a tunnel dryer up for sale - once you've used one you'll never go back to using a heat press.

John G
02-02-2012, 05:56 PM
If interested i'll get some photo's uploaded tomorrow.

http://www.dyesubforum.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?3826-Screen-printing-equipment-for-sale

ART DISCO
02-02-2012, 06:00 PM
What kind of size is your tunnel dryer?

John G
02-02-2012, 06:11 PM
These measurements are approx as it in storage at the moment, and i'm at work - so have measured my other tunnel dryer.

Length: 2000mm
Width: 700mm
Height: 1100 (+ extracter chimney - never used this though and can be taken off)
Runs on standard electricity - not 3 phase.

Elements are height adjustable so you can put fleeces/sweatshirts through

In good condition - hardly used.

Wanted £1000 cash ono

ART DISCO
02-02-2012, 06:19 PM
I think thats going to be too big for me at the moment but thanks for the info

ART DISCO
02-02-2012, 06:26 PM
I'm looking at the Knight press range and was wondering if the DK20S is much better than the DK20?
The DK20S is obviously swing-away action but it also mentions the term 'industrial grade' whereas the DK20 says 'Heavy duty' does anyone know if there is a lot of difference in their build quality etc?

Cheers,
L

Flash
02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Hello Lucy,

I too made the same mistake as you & purchased a chinese press which let me down after 1 year of use.
I then managed to get a great deal on a little used Adkins press. The difference was incredible!
I seem to remember that Xpres & TMT rebadge the Adkins presses with their logo's.
Buy one, it will not let you down!

Phil

mrs maggot
02-02-2012, 11:24 PM
my element went on my geo knight - and they were great at supplying a new one, and that press is nearly 10yrs old. if you are coming down to P&P i would say wait and look then