PDA

View Full Version : verticle lines

DannyCutts
02-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Hi

i ocassionally get verticle lines appear on my mugs after they have been printed.

Any ideas why this could be?

Danny

Justin
02-02-2012, 10:31 PM
What printer do you use Danny?

sarahjayne
02-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I had this problem with very dark/solid black text or backgrounds with Epson B1100 - barely noticeable on the print out but could see it on the image. Now use v dk green/ brown/ blue rather than black - this uses the colour combo to "make" something like black rather than the black.
Do a nozzle check - probably issues on one of the blacks, a lot of people seem to experience it. ( One of my blacks is a pig to clear & seems it is not only me)

mrs maggot
02-02-2012, 11:16 PM
do you use a sheet between the mug and the press ?? could be creases, which can leave odd lines at times and then not at others

DannyCutts
04-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Hi thanks for the replies.

I am using an epson S22

It only happens sometimes though...

I dont use a sheet between the mug and a press... Should I?

I think it might be because I was not leaving it in the press for long enough....

mrs maggot
05-02-2012, 01:34 PM
if you keep a sheet inbetween cut down thin silicone sheet, then it will prevent the heat element getting stained, which could then transfer onto another mug.

aaah just re-read, are these whispy lines, they might be from the gassing on the mugs, which happens sometimes, have a read about how people cool the mugs down quickly after pressing, either by fan, or dunking in warm water

DannyCutts
05-02-2012, 01:56 PM
OK cool thanks I will have a read... its a huge learning curve for me :-)

Danny

maucca
11-03-2012, 10:12 AM
That could be from your presses heat element. Resistance wire is laid in a pattern which makes hot spots just above wire. If temp or heat is a little low these hot spots make transfer just right but between these the element is a little cooler and it does not sublimate good. If you put copier paper between heat element and mug and let it be about 10-15 minutes and/or adjust more heat you can see brown burned lines in that paper. They indicate where heat is higher than elsewhere.

DannyCutts
11-03-2012, 03:55 PM
I just increased the time in the press and I am getting perfect results every time now :-)