PDA

View Full Version : revolution in transfer paper?

Paul
03-02-2012, 10:41 AM
no masking or other messing around... looks pretty simple too...
I may invest in little laser now :rolleyes:
your thoughts please :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjFeNDSFZnE&hd=1

John G
03-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Very impressive but the close ups looked a little rough - excellent foil prints though.

Love the heat press :smile:

Paul
03-02-2012, 10:57 AM
love the heat press to ;)

John G
03-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Is it available across here - only suppliers I can find are in the US

Flash
03-02-2012, 08:24 PM
The BIG question here, as with all 'innovations' in this industry is durability!
If it won't go in a washing machine with fabric conditioner then into the tumble dryer and last, then it's only ever going to be a 'novelty' product:frown:

Phil

Renniwano
03-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Heatpress is the one i'd love.. via a small lottery win :)

Not sure on the large weave materials.. but on the tight weave didn't look too bad.. plus loved the foil finishes, they did look fantastic..

As Phil said though.. if they're not going to be washable and last.. I can't see them being too popular.

fredster
03-02-2012, 10:21 PM
like the look of this if it washes n lasts would be fab...
they have a european side to them too :)
http://www.stahls.de/index.php

gstk
03-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Just looks like the Magictouch TTC to me.

Justin
03-02-2012, 10:44 PM
I does look incredibly simple and very effective. I agree, they'd need to be durable which I just can't see. Will be interesting to see costs etc. That's a lot of wasted foil there btw! ;-)

I looks a thousand times easier than the Wow process.....but then again they can make that look easy with practice!

fredster
03-02-2012, 10:46 PM
i thought the same about wasted foil... lol im sure that youd keep using small offcuts to cover up simple designs though :) not like the unused weeded bits of vinyl that we all throw away ... would be great for stag n hen tshirts which rarely ever get used twice :)

cardman
03-02-2012, 11:05 PM
all boils down to how much the stuff costs.If the paper costs to much then it not feasible to use.
I liked watching the video - does the laser printer have to use sublim ink or is it just normal ink ?

logobear
04-02-2012, 12:22 AM
laser printers only use laser toner.
I think kisscut have had this system and foils for a while, i tested, and just produced waste ..... but i would love to be suprised.
Imported suppliers ...... please ?

Jimbo
04-02-2012, 08:16 AM
The company producing this is Stahls in US, so Target Transfers who are part of the Stahl's group should possibily stock it here. Looking at the US site, the transfer paper is priced at 75cents per page, around 50p.

Jimbo

AdamB
04-02-2012, 04:36 PM
I must admit - it looks very, very impressive!

But (as most have commented) I'd love to hear about the washability of it - must be good though if Stahls are behind it then it must be good. I have a reps number from Target Transfers, I might give her a ring on Monday to see if they can get hold of/send me a demo.

Ref the price - if you can produce effects such as these, and have unique designs then you'll have no problem getting your asking price ........... but it's all about being unique.