PDA

View Full Version : Christ yet another Newbie!!!!

thehoff
29-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi all and a warm welcome from Wiltshire.

I do a few things on the net and have been looking to get into the sublimation for my partner to run from home (that could be a problem as she has problems even turning the PC on at this point!!!!)

Anyway its great to find a dedicated forum to the subject and I hope to be a very active member, like others before me I am in the process of ordering my CIS system for my existing epsom R340 which should start us off and spending hours trying to master Coreldraw (sigh!!!) to create images etc. And of course the most important element THE MUG press purchase.

I have spent some time reading posts on this forum for the press and hours researching on the net. I am a great believer in you get what you pay for but could really do with some advice on the best unit to start with. I can across "bargainpress" on ebay trading as sublimagic from memory and the guy is claiming his machine is UK designed and made from Japanese components as opposed to less reliable china made units. I emailed him for some more info and he came back with "my next shipment is due in mid feb" not much good when i want it NOW.

Any advice on this subject guys please? (i expect sublimajic maybe a forum member here!)

Also advice on ink supply for the CIS system as i read some posts on this subject!

And last buy not least best supplier of paper and tape and of course mugs. I have researched alot on this but would really appreciate any advice from the forum members.

Look forward to your replies and being a member of this forum.

Hoff

mrs maggot
29-01-2010, 01:06 PM
hiya hoff, the best place to put your questions is in the forum itself, otherwise valuable answers to questons will remain hidden in a members introduction, be brave, post in the forum

good to have you on the site

thehoff
29-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Ok thanks will do that now

Hoff

purpledragon
29-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Hiya Hoff
theres a wealth of info on here but in short heres a quick run down
Mug press - cant go far wrong with a df1 good price and im geating better results on mine than my more expensive press you can find these here http://www.printerowners.co.uk/heat-presses.htm
(im sure i should be getting commission of bms by now)
trupix paper is normally a good choice and of course artanium ink and decent mugs all of which you will find on the above site.
good luck
Brett

thehoff
29-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Brett
Really appreciate that, I have been on their site so will revisit with this khowledge.

Hoff

AJLA
31-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Welcome on board!
Having tried many makes of mugs my last several batches i have sourced from BMS. Many of my previous batches have caused no end of probles and a lot of waste due to the sides not being as straight as they ought to be, i've found that the BMS have been far more consistent with this.
I also use the trupix paper and Artanium ink.
Corel Draw..well another story and after some time stilll learning my way around with a long way to go put easy enough to do anything i need. I guess it's like anything you need the patience to learn what can be acheived with it (a lot too) unfortunately i don't.
Good luck you'll get plenty of help from here.

Mandy

thehoff
31-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Hi Mandy
Thanks for the welcome and information, off to BMS it is then although I will need to buy another printer as it looks like my epsom r340 isnt supported! DOH
Yes Coreldraw, your right another story but I am going to stick with it as Its essential but the older you get the learning gets harder!!!!
Had a quick look at your site, very good, and as for help I expect I will need plenty.
Thanks Again.

AJLA
31-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks ! Older you get tell me about it ..a few years ago I found it all such a challenge, unfortunately i now find my brain just doesn't allow things to sink in as it once did (could be the red wine mind!!)

I'm sure BMS will give you lot's of advice as you may have seen on here, they are very active on the forum and clearly very knowledgeable.

Don't spend too much http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_wink.gif you won't have anyything left for your GnT.

thehoff
31-01-2010, 04:55 PM
LOL you right my gin bottle ran dry last night, BUT i have that back up white wine in the fridge!!
Have a good Sunday, whats left of it http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/sleep.gif

AJLA
31-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Cava tnite for me so i'm sure i will http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_biggrin.png Good luck to you both i'm sure your wife will get a lot of satisfaction out of it.

thehoff
31-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Cava eh! you guys live the high life down in Cornwall Mandy! us Swindonians have to make do with Sainburys gin and cash and carry tonic, its a recession I think LOL....

Enjoy it..