PDA

View Full Version : Roland GX24 - Help?

edwardsmedia
08-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Just now i have tried to cut 2 logos for some orders that has come in for t-shirts. both for fitness companies.

I did the one last night and the Roland GX24 was jumping abit (the cutter) because of the logo.

Did another different logo today. And its doing the same.
I have never really done a logo before on the Roland.

Its pretty much cut though the plastic. the cutting force is correct. I just think its how i have put the logo onto the software ect.

I went.

Import.
Trace, Detailed Logo
then hairline outline
no fill
then mirrored it.

I think im doing something wrong here :/

I have attached some photographs of what has happened.

Im very new to this. Any idea's on how to do it? :) thanks 797

Paul
08-02-2012, 07:06 PM
whats the force set for?? and is this cutted from flex?

DS Designs
08-02-2012, 07:07 PM
the letters look a little rough in the pic, that's why it's jumping about. This comes with doing a trace. is there any chance you could find a similar font and type it into the program you're using? this would produce clean lines then for cutting.

Dave

edwardsmedia
08-02-2012, 07:08 PM
90 - 100
Yep :) Flex

I just cut some normal writing i put on myself and its prefect.

Just how im putting the logos on is the problem.
they are coming out real bad. How do you put a logo onto corel draw?

what are the sets? :/

edwardsmedia
08-02-2012, 07:09 PM
I should be able to yes DS Designs. But i can remember before i did something with the logo/software and it came out prefect using the logo. I cant think of the life of me what i did :/

DS Designs
08-02-2012, 07:11 PM
i found that the trace option in corel isn't so good......ideally if the logo is not too complex I personally would redraw it in Corel by hand, would this be an option?

Paul
08-02-2012, 07:13 PM
i dont know much about rolands but on my cutter when set on 100 it will cut all way tru! my flex settings are : force 80.

regards to your logos i have to say this writing look pretty rough :( maybe thats why your knife is jumping up and down...?

if you need to trace something please check this web site!
http://vectormagic.com/home

great tool for tracing images. if this automatic tool wont be accurate enough then try they pay service. guy will trace it for you perfectly for good price. i use them few times and this is my only place to go if tracing needed :)

DS Designs
08-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Also as Paul said looks like the cutting force is too much if you're cutting through the backing, a new blade for flex on my CX-24 the force is approx 80, start at that and do a test cut and keep adjusting until just the flex peels off and it doesn't cut through the backing

DS Designs
08-02-2012, 07:18 PM
It will on the rolands too paul if it's a new blade :-)

edwardsmedia
08-02-2012, 07:21 PM
It only cut though the plastic on that one logo :/

I have just cut half a meter with normal text that i have drawn in corel draw its self and its prefect :)
Just checked the cutting force is 90 :) that's what Keith from Xpres put it too when he came up in December...

edwardsmedia
08-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Well i thought so, Until the works are now starting to come up when weeding :/ the i's & l's

Shall i put a new blade in?

DS Designs
08-02-2012, 07:38 PM
might be worth a try, but if the blade hasn't done that much work it shouldn't need it.....

edwardsmedia
08-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Its done 2 t-shirts :L 5 bags, and thats it haha!

its the logo it is :/ very poor. I need to edit it dont i :/ but im 100% sure i can do it in corel draw as i already did. but the i and the l wouldn't come out :/

DS Designs
08-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Hardly anything then lol.....any chance you could post a pic of the logo and i'll see if I can get a smooth line for you if you want me to take a look, or better still send me the original artwork logo......dsdesigns@gmail.com

John G
08-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Looks really simple, match the font and redraw - or am i missing something? :confused:

Earl Smith
09-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Best solution is to import ( use import command) into Corel and do a Trace. Find the corner points and eliminate all in between. Make lines straight or curved as you need them. Or draw with the Bezier tool. Have you programmed the Roland Cut Studio Plug IN into Corel? If you havent then do it, it will make life much easier. Instructions came with the setup disk for Roland.
If its cutting through the carrier then the blade is sticking out too far. Bring it back into the blade holder, you will barely see it sticking out. Trial and error. 80 to 90 grams OK on a new blade, going up to 120 as it gets worn out. Use a 45 degree blade for vinyl. For Flock its about 30 grams less and a 60 degree blade.
To learn more about Corel try http://www.advancedartist.com/ Spend a day or two going through his tutorials, worth every hour spent doing it. Or buy his Graphic suite Power Training disk set and learn from that.

Good Luck
Earl.

Earl Smith
11-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi, Edwardsmedia.
How are you getting on and did you sort your problem out? Sorry, my previous reply was a little blunt, I was very busy when I wrote it.
If you need any help, please ask or PM me and I will try to help. My GX24 has a driver for Corel12 , its very easy to use once it programmed in. Corel, however, takes a little longer to learn. I started with version 3 back in the early 90īs , now I have X4 and am still learning.
Good luck and dont be afraid to ask.
Earl

Paul
11-02-2012, 11:02 AM
To learn more about Corel try http://www.advancedartist.com/ Spend a day or two going through his tutorials, worth every hour spent doing it. Or buy his Graphic suite Power Training disk set and learn from that.
Earl.

I agree with that one! fantastic site to learn corel. in 2h i learned how to create logo for my t-shirt. before i hadn't any clue how to do it :)
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/47/backupofportraitsnapsts.png