PDA

View Full Version : Cutuk DC330 vinyl cutter/Craftmate 330 cutting problem

Photo-Lite
12-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Hi.

this is driving me mad.

does anybody own or did own one of these vinyl cutters Cutuk DC330 vinyl cutter/Craftmate 330?
i bought this about 12 months ago and decided to use it a few weeks back.
the only problem i am getting is that it does not give a complete cut.
the finish cut does not go past the start cut thus giving a slither of vinyl left on the text when i come to weeding.
i have used and messed about with different things on Flexisign 8, coreldraw12 and cutok software and nothing has changed.
is this just a naff vinyl cutter and not worth the money or am i doing something wrong.
the 45 degree blade that it came with looks fine.

Paul
12-02-2012, 08:55 PM
in your software look for something like "overcut" this will enable you to set your cutter to made slightly longer cuts.

Photo-Lite
12-02-2012, 08:59 PM
in flexisign 8 it has overprint which apparently is the same thing but i have tried this and it has not changes the little slither of vinyl left there.
someone mentioned that the cutting offset needs to be changed but i dont have a clue where this is to change.
i have messed about with this for the last 6 days and i am begining to wish i left it in the box

Paul
12-02-2012, 09:04 PM
have you got production manager in flexisign?? I use flexistarter 10 and have window that look like this:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2550/screen4vo.jpg

I have knife offset there.

John G
12-02-2012, 09:06 PM
If its the offset this should be set to around 0.25 - 0.30 but this may be different on your blade/cutter.

Photo-Lite
12-02-2012, 09:08 PM
yes i have all that.
i have adjusted the resolution up and down and even adjusted the knife ofset but it has not cleared it completly.
it made it slightly better but still a pain when i come to weeding

Paul
12-02-2012, 09:12 PM
try do more.
how about connecting to diferent computer? i know this sound mad but i had it with my CR. on laptop had huge off set set to get decent cut. but on pc not at all!

Photo-Lite
12-02-2012, 10:07 PM
i will have to mes about with it again the morning.
this may seem a dumb question but do you know if it is the resoloution, knife offset or both that i need to adjust and if i increase either or both of these does this make it cut more or less?
i will also try it on my laptop to see if that helps.

John G
12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
I think the blade offset is the difference between the middle of the shaft on the blade and the blade tip - you have to allow a little and this offset makes sure the blade completes a full cut. Doubt if resolution has anything to do with it not completing the cut

Photo-Lite
15-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks to John G and Paul for there help in solving my vinyl cutting problem.
i have adjusted the knife offset as shown in Pauls image and it is up and running.
just need to do a fine tune on the knife offset and all should be good.
thanks again for your help

John G
15-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Well done - some of the lesser known plotters are a nightmare to get up and running, especially the usb ones.