PDA

View Full Version : rhinestones - sequin

bigj2552
13-02-2012, 01:11 AM
also looking into this side of the market....

anywhere i can get rhinestone templates from ?

or do i need to do it the long way, and make em up myself in corel x5 ?

johnny....

draig
13-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Do you have a macro for X5 called R-Stones (available from MacroMonster.com) does a good job on templates for rhinestones, and wasn't to expensive. There is also a method of using flock pressed onto repositionable vinyl to make the templates. Could work out cheaper than buying in the templates.

Sharon

bigj2552
13-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Do you have a macro for X5 called R-Stones (available from MacroMonster.com) does a good job on templates for rhinestones, and wasn't to expensive. There is also a method of using flock pressed onto repositionable vinyl to make the templates. Could work out cheaper than buying in the templates.

Sharon

thats the road i,m going down....already looked at corel rstones..only £35 approx...

or another one is -funtime rhinestones software (£35approx)....looks real easy to do

time and patience and i will get there....in no hurry as i wont be opening for another couple of mths(at least) by the time i learn the inns n outs of most of this business & get equipment together. :wink:

bigj2552
13-02-2012, 08:25 PM
question - how do you know what size / shape / colour rhinestones to use ?

is there a common size / shape, for patterns / text ect ?

and i take it the template/s you make up yourself have to correspond with the stone sizes in real life !

sorry for all the dumb assed questions guys....n girls :redface:....dont ask - you dont learn !

thanks....

johnny

draig
13-02-2012, 09:37 PM
R-Stones has a drop down menu with colours and stone sizes. It is always a good idea to use 2 sizes bigger when creating the template i.e. if using ss6 stones then cut stencil for ss8 or ss9. The reason behind this is to stop some or all of the stones getting stuck in the template.

I tend to use more SS6 stones, why? that's what came in the pack originally bought from Grafityp at P&P show :-).

A good place the read up on all things Rhinestone would be www.t-shirtforums.com they have a section specifically for this.

Sharon

bigj2552
14-02-2012, 03:05 AM
delete....